Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is this mysterious number?

When I get a call, even if I don't answer it, I get a usage each time on my phone from my number to 6475804002 for 5 seconds, 10 seconds.. what is this?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Linda, What phone do you have? If you check the call log on the bill and then check it on your phone does it match up with it? If you can provide those details we may be able to figure out what is going on.
I have a samsung note 3, the incoming call that I did not answer and the weird number are at the same time on both the phone and the log on my account. I did not call my voicemail any of those times. I shouldn't be charged minutes ( even fractions of a minute) for a call I didn't answer should I? thanks for your help. L
Userlevel 7
Linda Tenenbaum wrote:

I have a samsung note 3, the incoming call that I did not answer and the weird number are at the ...

If you never answered the phone then you are correct, it shouldn't go against your minutes, regardless if it is postpaid or prepaid.

I'd recommend calling customer service and have them go over your account details with you, they may be able to see what went wrong with it charging for minutes when you didn't answer the phone. Dial *611 from your Koodo phone (free call) and press 0 a few times to speak with a rep. Hope that helps
Linda Tenenbaum wrote:

I have a samsung note 3, the incoming call that I did not answer and the weird number are at the ...

Thanks I'll do that.
i have the same issue. i called the rep, and they told me that is my voice mail box no. and my phone keep dialing my voice mail, but i didn't check my voice mail that frequent. i am not sure how to avoid dialing this no. again. any advice? i am using iphone.
Userlevel 6
This is most likely someone calling you and being redirected to voice mail. I just put my phone in airplane mode, called it from another phone, and then checked self-serve - it shows a 6-second call to 6475804001.
Yes apparently that is what is happening. No messages are being left , just irritates me that these telemarketing calls I don't answer are costing me minutes. Customer service gave me some free minutes , but in not sure what the long term solution is.
Userlevel 6
Linda Tenenbaum wrote:

Yes apparently that is what is happening. No messages are being left , just irritates me that th...

I am also on prepaid. These messages do show up as "minutes" in prepaid self-serve, but it is not deducting any minutes from my boosters (I don't talk much so I know how much I've used). If you are being charged there is definitely a problem that CS needs to fix.
Linda Tenenbaum wrote:

Yes apparently that is what is happening. No messages are being left , just irritates me that th...

thanks I'll check that out.
same here... instead of 6475804002 its 6475804001