Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What happens if I switch prepaid plans mid-cycle?

Userlevel 2
I wanted to switch from the $15 plan to the $25 plan, but missed my rollover date (it was yesterday...I thought it was tomorrow). So my plan automatically renewed from the balance at $15.

If I switch to the $25 plan now...what happens? Do I just pay $25 and say goodbye to the $15 or is it prorated?

So confused. Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
You'd pay the $25 and lose the $15 you paid already. If you call customer aervice and explain the situation (LIKE NOW, TODAY), they may be able to do the change for you so that you don't lose any money and just pay the extra $10. Make sure the money is already in the account before you call. *611 from your Koodo phone. It may say you might be charged $5 for the call, but you won't for this issue.
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

You'd pay the $25 and lose the $15 you paid already. If you call customer aervice and explain the...

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for the reply, wish I'd remembered to check back sooner (I thought I'd get an email if someone replied).

I probably missed the opportunity to call. I guess I'll just wait until the end of my billing cycle.

Thanks again!
Userlevel 6
You would forfeit your month of $15 base plan.
Then start fresh with 30 days of the $25 base plan.

Best to wait till next month in my opinion 🙂
Userlevel 2
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

You would forfeit your month of $15 base plan.
Then start fresh with 30 days of the $25 base plan...

Yup, I'll wait until next month. I wish I had thought of it a couple of days earlier.

Thanks for the reply!