Koodo Community

Community

We need to get some sort of Emergency Plan! (Pre-Paid or not)

We constantly have customers coming in asking for emergency plans, something just for traveling and a few basic minutes. I think we should offer a new pre-paid plan that allows you to buy only the minutes in advance rather than a base plan + add on's and boosters. The minimum amount someone will pay for text only for the year is $180. A lot of people pay way less for more on the pre-paid spectrum.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well....... but that's what ALL the providers offer, SpeakOut foremost with their $25 top up per year. If I only needed an emergency number, I'd consider them first. I'm the first to agree that Koodo prepaid is not for everybody, but I don't see why they should offer what everyone else already does... because in order to make money, the talk minutes would have to be more expensive and data boosters wouldn't carry over any longer. Yawn, then Koodo would sink even deeper into being the provider that doesn't stand out in any way. Unless: they lower the base plan to $5, for that you just get a number, nothing else. Then add a 250 Text booster for $5 and unlimited international for $10 - and keep the other boosters the way they are. That would work for me 😃
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

Well....... but that's what ALL the providers offer, SpeakOut foremost with their $25 top up per ...

Absolutely agreed! A bit more choice in Koodo's prepaid aisle would be welcome (as well as Canada-wide base plan minutes!)