Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Want to save some cash not renewing Base plan while away on vacation. Is that possible? And is it a good idea?

I will be going on a vacation for 2 months. So I was wondering do I have to keep renewing my base plan during this time? Will be saving a few bucks if I do not have to pay for the time i will not be using the service. And when I come back will I be charged for the 2 months I did not use the phone?
icon

Best answer by Peter 10 October 2014, 02:35

Hi Farhan, Your base plan will automatically renew every 30 days provided that you've topped up with sufficient service credits on your account balance before the time of renewal. You can view your base plan renewal date by logging into your self serve account or by dialing *611 from your phone (it's a free call!) If you didn't have sufficient service credits at the time of renewal and let your base plan expire, you can simply resume your service by topping up. As soon as enough service credits are added to the account to cover the cost of the base plan, it will automatically renew. Simply said, if you don't top up for 2 months, you shouldn't be charged. http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/base-plans/when-does-my-base-plan-renew Cheers! Peter

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Hi Farhan, Your base plan will automatically renew every 30 days provided that you've topped up with sufficient service credits on your account balance before the time of renewal. You can view your base plan renewal date by logging into your self serve account or by dialing *611 from your phone (it's a free call!) If you didn't have sufficient service credits at the time of renewal and let your base plan expire, you can simply resume your service by topping up. As soon as enough service credits are added to the account to cover the cost of the base plan, it will automatically renew. Simply said, if you don't top up for 2 months, you shouldn't be charged. http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/base-plans/when-does-my-base-plan-renew Cheers! Peter