Koodo Community
Solved

visiting Montreal for 4days from.nc

• 29 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Im.visiting from the US. My current cellphone isn't international compatible. Is it possible I can purchase a prepaid phone from you all and prepaid plan for a few days while visiting. I leave in 6days . I just need to make calls and use Google maps
What are my options
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 29 July 2019, 06:56

For just a few days' visit, I suggest you get a used AT&T or T-Mobile compatible unlocked phone back home. Download the maps you might need on wifi before you leave and you won't need data.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oof that's tough. Who are you with in the US? You sure your phone won't roam in Canada?

There is Koodo's 25 CAD prepaid plan with 500MB of data. You can download google maps for the Montreal area ahead of time and youd only use data for receiving telemetry. Or Chatr 35 CAD with 1GB data.

You're highly likely to find a cheaper phone in the US than Canada to be honest. Just make sure that it's got quadband 3G and has band 4 or 7 for LTE and you're set in Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
But yes you can purchase a prepaid phone. Walmart has them. They won't be the best phones
Userlevel 4
It would probably cost you less to buy a new prepaid phone and a new prepaid plan from the US and roam in Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For just a few days' visit, I suggest you get a used AT&T or T-Mobile compatible unlocked phone back home. Download the maps you might need on wifi before you leave and you won't need data.