Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Visa prepaid gift card

Hello. I received a 50.00 Vida prepaid card and didn't see that it has an expiry Daye, trird to use it.and.It was declined! Is there a way with your service thay it can be re in stated pls? I would very much appreciate it. The service rep put it in the box when we got my son's cell phne added to ur acct and he gave hm his phone to rake and just the other day when I opened the box there it was. It expired like 3 weeks ago. . August 2p16. Pls help!!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Those cards typically have at least a year for expiry Judy. Have you tried contacting the issuer? The card is not actually ours we just purchase them from Visa so we can't do anythign with them.
I did call the 1800# and they said perhaps to call Koodo. So that's why I called today. The rep should have given him the card in his hand and then maybe he wouldn't have just left it.in the box I'm thinking.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judy Ewankevich wrote:

I did call the 1800# and they said perhaps to call Koodo. So that's why I called today. The rep s...

Unfortunately pointing blame isn't going to get Koodo to do anything as they physically cannot. Call the number on the card and ask for a supervisor and explain your situation and hopefully they can help you out.
Judy Ewankevich wrote:

I did call the 1800# and they said perhaps to call Koodo. So that's why I called today. The rep s...

Cannot the card just be re instated at a Koodo kiosk for good loyal customer.service!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judy Ewankevich wrote:

No it cannot. The card is past it's year expiry. Maybe if you take a trip to the booth, the rep may have some feelings and get you a new one, but by no means are they obligated to.
Judy Ewankevich wrote:

Same thing happened to me, but for $100. The cards ($50 each) had less than 3 months validity on them when the Koodo store gave them to me for buying a $410 phone plus a plan. But I did not activate them in time. Visa suggested I talk to the Koodo store, the store told me to call customer service, and customer service told me to go to the store. No satisfaction. Somebody [b]made a $100 profit from this, but I still don't know who.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judy Ewankevich wrote:

Did you actually go to the store in person?
Judy Ewankevich wrote:

Yes. The person helping me phoned her manager, and the manager told her that there was nothing they could do.