Koodo Community
Solved

Upgrade from prepaid to plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I have searched everywhere and I can't seem to find if this has been answered... suppose one day I'd like to upgrade from prepaid to a plan. I know I'd have to buy a new SIM card, but what about any unused minutes (units) and data, will I lose them or can I cancel prepaid and add them to the plan? Thanks 🙂 PS Not saying I'll upgrade, so far I'm quite happy with prepaid... but just keeping options open before I buy more minutes and data 😃

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I know this was answered awhile ago but I can't find it anywhere either & I don't remember what they said. Weird I can't find it though hummmm
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Whatever unsued minutes and data will be lost if you ever change to a plan... What you can do is, upgrade or change to a plan the day that your prepaid month will be over! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Whatever unsued minutes and data will be lost if you ever change to a plan... What you can do is,...

Where did you get this information, Camilo?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Whatever unsued minutes and data will be lost if you ever change to a plan... What you can do is,...

Well, technically your boosters will not expire until you use the last minute or MB, but remember that you will need a BASE PLAN every month to use your phone... So, if you do not renew that BASE PLAN and you move to postpaid, you take the risk of loosing whatever is left on your prepaid account. I am part of the Koodo Family
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Sorry, I don't mean to sound misgiving, but what do you mean you are part of the Koodo Family, do you work for them? I see you signed up for this community only yesterday and you went ahead full speed answering every single post on this board ever since then... again, I don't mean to sound negative! Anyway I'm still unclear about this, I am well aware of the base plan and boosters, but I'd like to hear official confirmation whether my boosters will expire the minute I upgrade to a plan. Thanks 🙂 Another question: I take it I can keep my number?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Yeap... I work for Koodo, and no worries... I am just trying to answer a couple of questions to help as much as I can... and about your question, the moment you change to a postaid account, your minutes and data in boosters will be lost if ever the BASE plan is not renewed... Unless someone else continues using your prepaid!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

I thought that's how it was but wasn't 100% so I didn't want to give incorrect info 😉 Thanks Camilo
Userlevel 6
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi Sophia, Camilo is right! And you can keep your number 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Good to know, thanks for the information. Didn't mean to sound doubtful but was puzzled by this sudden explosion of posts, lol. So what about keeping my number, I guess that will be possible? (edit: d'uh! I didn't see Yannick's reply before, must have cross posted)
Userlevel 7
Camilo_A wrote:

Yup!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Goot! It's tempting... but... nah........... staying put 😃