Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlocking pattern locked phone

Hey does anyone know how to unlock a phone that had the pattern on it, my kid was on my phone and now i can't unlock it...........please help

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Kenzie, The easiest option for you would be to ask your child for the code he used on the phone. If the child forghot it, just put in the wrong pattern a bunch of times. After a while it will lock the device for a period of time where you will see a new button appear "forghot pattern?" you can enter your Google credentials to regain access to the phone and then reset the devices protection.
Oh awesome thank you so much, i will try that .
Userlevel 7
Kenzie Jenn wrote:

Oh awesome thank you so much, i will try that .

Let me know if you were successful!
It didn't work my user name and password didn't work.....
Badge +4
You'll have to factory reset your phone. Since you can't access anything on your phone at this point, we will need to know which phone you have (make and model number) so that we can instruct you on how to go about factory resetting your phone. If the phone has a removable battery, you may find the make and model number printed on a label affixed to the battery compartment. Unfortunately, this process will wipe everything from the device, (minus whatever may be installed on your microSD card, if applicable).
rikkster wrote:

You'll have to factory reset your phone. Since you can't access anything on your phone at this po...

Alright so where and how do i go to do this? is there a site or something?
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

You'll have to factory reset your phone. Since you can't access anything on your phone at this po...

Nope, it can all be done from your phone, we just need the make and model number, (e.g. Moto G ~ XT1034). Some devices use different button combinations to get into the Android system recovery.
rikkster wrote:

Hey rikkster, thanks i actually figured it out
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

You're welcome.
rikkster wrote:

Need help my phone is completely locked.
rikkster wrote:

Hello really need this phone open
Userlevel 7
rikkster wrote:

Hi cyntra, Please start a new question thread with more details about your issues and we will be glad to assist you!
rikkster wrote:

It doesn't have a removable battery
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Are you having the same problem, (pattern-locked out of your phone) Davine?

If an Android phone has a non-removable battery, a factory reset is performed by pressing a combination of phone hardware buttons, (e.g. power, home and volume up/down buttons). Knowing which phone you have is important as it helps to determine which button configuration is used for factory resetting the phone.