Koodo Community
Question

Unlocked iPhones & Koodo

Can you bring an unlocked iPhone and use it on a Koodo plan? Do you just have to buy a Koodo SIM card and slip it in the unlocked iPhone? Does is matter which model of iPhone? Can you used an unlocked iPhone with any plan or prepaid plan on Koodo?

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Also, I was just reading around some more... you can use an iPhone that is locked to Telus with a Koodo SIM card?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also, I was just reading around some more... you can use an iPhone that is locked to Telus with a...It worked with the iPhone 4 and up!
Userlevel 2
Hey Haley; As long as the Iphone is 3GS or higher, you can bring it over unlocked and use it on the Koodo network. You can use either postpaid or prepaid service with an Iphone. You can also use an Iphone that is locked to Telus on the Koodo network 🙂.
Hey Haley; As long as the Iphone is 3GS or higher, you can bring it over unlocked and use it o...Can you explain what you mean by Postpaid service please? Is it possible to use an unlocked koodo compatible phone with your CANADA-WIDE PROMOTIONAL DATA PLANS? Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Haley; As long as the Iphone is 3GS or higher, you can bring it over unlocked and use it o...Postpaid refers to the monthly plans, i.e. the opposite of prepaid. And yes, it would be compatible with the promo plans but you better hurry since today is the last day to get them.
Hey Haley; As long as the Iphone is 3GS or higher, you can bring it over unlocked and use it o...thank you
Hey Haley; As long as the Iphone is 3GS or higher, you can bring it over unlocked and use it o...hello
Thanks. I'll proceed with my plan to search for a used phone to buy, either unlocked or locked to Telus, then move on to Koodo.
would you be charged extra for serivce rates or anything if you went to an iphone but dont have the proper plan for it?
Userlevel 5
would you be charged extra for serivce rates or anything if you went to an iphone but dont have t...If you bring your own iphone, or get it on the tab you can use any plan you want. The iPhone plans only apply to you if you get an iPhone from koodo on a 3 year contract.
My iPhone 3GS is locked to Telus - went to get a Koodo plan, but no luck. Phone won't connect to Koodo - and Telus won't unlock it for me because I am no longer a Telus customer.
Userlevel 5
My iPhone 3GS is locked to Telus - went to get a Koodo plan, but no luck. Phone won't connect to ...Your iPhone 3GS (locked to Telus) should work with Koodo. I suggest calling customer service. You do know that you have to get a new sim card, set up a new account and all that right?
My iPhone 3GS is locked to Telus - went to get a Koodo plan, but no luck. Phone won't connect to ...I set up a new account, Koodo sim card, etc. at Future Shop - but it hasn't worked (no service). I've now put in a request to have the phone unlocked (Apple's current wait time for a factory unlock is 1 to 2 business days) so will need to wait and see if that works.
My iPhone 3GS is locked to Telus - went to get a Koodo plan, but no luck. Phone won't connect to ...Not all Iphones from Telus are going to work on Koodo. The Iphone & 4S should work, but the Iphone3GS would need to be unlocked.
My iPhone 3GS is locked to Telus - went to get a Koodo plan, but no luck. Phone won't connect to ...Yeah, I got the 3GS factory unlocked and now it works like a charm 🙂
I have an iPhone 4 with Bell and I want to use it with a Koodo sim card. Can you tell me if this is possible.
Yes, if you get it unlocked first. I used a service in Victoria that can factory unlock iPhones for my 3GS and it works like a charm. The service i used was http://www.ryanspcrepairshop.com
hello