Koodo Community

Community

Unlimited family calling for prepaid.

I have two post-paid plans on my account already, thinking of adding a prepaid plan as well but I noticed it doesn't say anything about 'unlimited family calling' for prepaid plans. Can this be done? More info; The two post-paid plans are for myself and wife - I wanted to add a basic prepaid plan ($15/month) for my daughter who's going to highschool - it would be nice to have unlimited family calling with her prepaid plan.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
I don't think so but it's a good idea.
Userlevel 7
The reason there is family calling on monthly plans is because the lines are actually attached to the same account. On prepaid, each phone number is considered its own account and the only way to enable family calling is to manually enter or give the number to Koodo for them to enter into their system. And if Koodo were to do that, there would be a great deal of fraud with people who will claim a certain number belongs to a Family member. I don't think this is feasible.
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

The reason there is family calling on monthly plans is because the lines are actually attached to...

Couldn't Koodo modify their system to allow more than one line on one prepaid account? They probably wouldn't (business-wise), but surely it could be done eventually. Or maybe allow prepaid lines to be added to a monthly account. Some Frankenstein way to do this is certainly within reach... no?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I like this idea too. Maybe it can be done as an Add-on for prepaid?
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

What I said above still applies. What you're asking for is basically My5.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

This is an idea section. I can put my thought if it applies or not.
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

Exactly. That doesn't mean I can't disagree with your thoughts. So please continue, as will I.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's a great idea! It would be lovely if my husband and I could share an account, funny enough there IS a dropdown menu in the prepaid self service next to "accounts", implying you could (theoretically) have two base plans under the same umbrella. Alternatively, I'd love prepaid addons such as 5 favorite numbers, call forwarding or US roaming. PS interestingly, I believe it's Virgin (not sure, might be another) who offers exactly that to loyal prepaid customers - stay with them for 6 months and you receive unlimited calling to one number for FREE. So never say never, keep the suggestions coming 😃
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

It's a great idea! It would be lovely if my husband and I could share an account, funny enough th...

You're right Sophia, it's Virgin who's offering that. They're local minutes though, not Canada-wide. Can't have it all, hehe 😛
Userlevel 5
Thanks for sharing Sam! Let us look into this further and let you know what we think.