Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unknow email registrated

Is there one way to know which one is the email registered with my phone number? the guy who sold me my chip asked me for this stuff but he didn't gave me any information about it, he just sold it to me! Thanks

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Whichever email you're using for your self serve account. You'll need to activate your sim in self serve since it seems he hasn't activated it (he didn't ask for your email,etc)
Daniel Kim wrote:

Whichever email you're using for your self serve account. You'll need to activate your sim in sel...

Yes! actually he asked me, but what i don't get is this: i gave him one email that it was already registrated (unfortunally i didn't remember that in that momment) but he didn't told me anything about it, like: "Can you give me another one? that one is already registrated"
Userlevel 6
Daniel Kim wrote:

Whichever email you're using for your self serve account. You'll need to activate your sim in sel...

How would he know that you already have one registered? Were you already with Koodo when you bough that phone?
Daniel Kim wrote:

Because when you try to registrate a number you need an email and obviously if that email is registrted already it should let you registrate it again, am i wrong? :s
Userlevel 6
Daniel Kim wrote:

Let me see if I track what you are saying.....you are new to koodo, you bought a phone and the guy asked you for an email address so that you can register online to manage your account. You should have received an email which asked you to validate the email address you gave at the store. Sounds like you didn't do that and you tried go through the registration. If you used a different email address at that point you won't be able to have full access.
Daniel Kim wrote:

Actually no, look, i'm gonna explain it to you but it will be long haha, sorry about that... Someone sold me a Koodo phone (Samsung Galaxy ace 2), so i went to buy a new chip but it turns out; the phone was reported as stolen so the chip was useless. I have an unlocked iPhone, so i tried cutting the chip to make it fit, but it didn't work (that chip it was already registered with my email). After that i went to buy another chip but this time: a chip for my iPhone, and that one he registered it "with my email". Now i'm trying to sign in to my account but like i said, the first chip it is registered with my email, my question is....which email it's on my second chip. I hope you understand my story haha! Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Kim wrote:

The usual process when replacing an old SIM with a new one is to log into the account, and update the SIM card number in the account with the new SIM card number. This leaves everything the same as it was, except there is a new SIM card associated with the account (and phone). If this process was followed, your account should be accessible in the same manner as it was prior to you buying the new SIM. Since the sales person did not request another email address for you, the changes should have proceeded under you current email address. You can call Koodo directly at the numbers listed in the 'Contact Us' section at the bottom of the page if you can not access your account through the self serve process.
Daniel Kim wrote:

I'm gonna go check with this guy tomorrow, hopefully he can help me because my account it's still with the first chip number
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

Hey isaaqk I understand what you meant now 😛, have you gone under mobile phone> change mobile phone> pick option then register the new sim? Dfbutt explained it quite well. So basically once you register the new sim that will be the active sim "associated with your email" or account and the old sim will be inactive. Hope that makes sense 🙂
Userlevel 6
Daniel Kim wrote:

Ready for the induction into Mobile Master dfbutt? 🙂 I don't know how they pick them but you certainly should be considered.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Kim wrote:

Thanks for your confidence in me, RudyW.
Why is it so hard to register when I got the service I gave him my information but you keep sending me phone calls and emails that it is wrong I don't understand because I have only one email address.

Userlevel 5
Debbie McGrath Zinck wrote:

Why is it so hard to register when I got the service I gave him my information but you keep sendi...

Hey Debbie!

Have you ever been able to login to your prepaid Self Serve? If not, please click on this link: http://koo.do/XfwuSl. If you've already accessed your Self-Serve but you are experiencing issues right now, please click on this link: http://koo.do/1nNDYbZ.

Thanks! 
I am having the same prob
Userlevel 5
Avellina Park wrote:

I am having the same prob

Hey Avellina!

Could you please clarify the issue? Are you able to register to Self-Serve? Have you tried (http://koo.do/XfwuSl)?

Thanks!