Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unexplained usage charges

Hi. Been on Koodo prepaid for a little over a month. So far so good, almost. Been watching my transaction history and I see numerous outgoing calls to 778-581-4001. My understanding is that it is a Telus number but I did not make any of those calls, yet it is using up air time. Can anyone explain it make billing correction for me? Thanks greatly.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
This looks like a voicemail access number. When someone calls and you don't answer, your usage history will show an outgoing call to your voicemail number (whether or not the caller leaves a message). It should not use any of your talk booster minutes, though - if your balances are decreasing you should call Koodo customer service and complain.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is only a user group, composed of customers like you, to share some of our experiences. Better call the mothership. *611 because we have no access to any account info here. Good luck.
OK Folks and to whomever else this problem might apply. I contacted Customer Service via email and rec'd back a pretty good reply. Here it is below for the benefit of anyone else wondering about the same thing. "I understand your concern about the calls reflecting on your usage history. I am here to help you out. As you may know, when a phone user calls their voicemail to retrieve a message, their call is being routed through an access number. The access number is programmed into the phone at activation. The access number to your voicemail can be any of the following: 778-581-4001 778-581-4002 Being said the above and based on the information that you have provided, all calls made to your voicemail will reflect 778-581-4001 (voicemail access number) in your usage history. Airtime usage applies when calling your voicemail from your Koodo phone. This means that your booster minutes will be used when calling to retrieve your voice messages unless your base plan has local minutes included. To learn more about your voicemail, please refer to this link: http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/calling-features/how-do-i-check-my-voicemail -on-koodo-prepaid With regard to the $5 Customer Service fee, it doesn't apply when you call for technical assistance or inquiries. This fee only applies when you request things that can be done online using your Self-serve account like a plan change or booster purchase." --bill
Userlevel 6
bill wrote:

OK Folks and to whomever else this problem might apply. I contacted Customer Service via email an...

Hmmmm...are those access numbers unique to each of us, do you know?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
bill wrote:

OK Folks and to whomever else this problem might apply. I contacted Customer Service via email an...

To NOT burn plan minutes checking your voicemail: From a land line dial your area code + your phone number, press Star key (*), then enter your password and follow the prompts. http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/calling-features/how-do-i-check-my-voicemail-on-koodo-prepaid
Userlevel 6
bill wrote:

The access numbers will be different depending on where you activated your phone. I'm in Toronto and my access number is 647-580-4001.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
bill wrote:

Access numbers not important. They just distribute the load to various servers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for posting the reply.