Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unable To Register Credit Card with Pre-Paid Account

I'm trying to register my credit card to my pre-paid account but continue getting the message "Unable to Process Transaction We are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged". I have been trying for two consecutive days so it is not a temporary server problem. The card I am trying to register is a Mastercard and yes, it is a Canadian account and address and the card is valid.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Is it a prepaid MasterCard?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to set up a Pre-authorized Payment and unable to do it through your self serve account, you can call customer service. Dial *611 from your phone and tell them that self serve account doesn't let you set up a Pre-authorized Payment. They will help you 🙂 Also you can make a payment through the Koodo Self Serve app Edit: Self Serve App is for the Postpaid only... http://help.koodomobile.com/self-serve/self-serve-app/how-do-i-set-up-pre-authorized-payments
It is a Mastercard. I am trying to register my Mastercard on my pre-paid plan, top up my account so that it (hopefully) solves issue #2: I paid for a data booster but it does not appear that my phone (a Nokia 900) can access data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James Tozer wrote:

It is a Mastercard. I am trying to register my Mastercard on my pre-paid plan, top up my account...

Call Koodo to check it out. Your credit card might have to be registered first though customer service (this happened to my credit card). Then you can also inquire about that data booster while you are on the phone with them
Userlevel 5
James Tozer wrote:

It is a Mastercard. I am trying to register my Mastercard on my pre-paid plan, top up my account...

That error occurs when I try to use a AMEX card and as soon as I used a Mastercard, it worked. Are you sure you are entering the information correctly?Do you happen to have another credit card?
James Tozer wrote:

I guet the same problem. I enter a MC and always rejected.
Userlevel 1
Does the billing address on your credit card match the billing address Koodo uses for you account?
Call Customer service and adding a credit card is FREE (for automatic payment). They fixed my MC problem.
I am having this issue and I called Koodo. The lady told me to wait two hours and try again. I hope Koodo designs a phone that lets me punch the person on the other end.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Martin R Serre wrote:

I am having this issue and I called Koodo. The lady told me to wait two hours and try again. I ho...

Koodo doesn't design phones. They are a wireless service provider. You want to post this on a Phone company's forum like Apple, Samsung, or Blackberry
Have to use another card.