Koodo Community

Community

Solved

ultimate koodo prepaid plan for smartphone

Hello koodo I've used 2 gb of data already this month purchasing data boosters 65 $ plus my plan fees of 35 plus tax also added the 500 Canada wide mins booster for 25 dollars soo bottom line is is its costing 215 a month to get the plan I want I can't afford It would need to have a plan for like 5 gb Internet unlimited Canada wide plan for 80$ or 90 would be awesome of koodo have this happen it would be my future plan many years to come I would recommend to everyone thank you Jesse

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Choose the $74 plan and get $60 worth of pay per use data to reach the 5GB. Total of $134 per month https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html However with that much data use, I would recommend one of the big 3 providers like Telus http://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/share-plus.jsp
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Choose the $74 plan and get $60 worth of pay per use data to reach the 5GB. Total of $134 per mo...

Hey JL! There is a $94 5GB plan right now. You wont see it on their webpage, but you can switch to it on your self serve
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ack, indeed, with that much data and minutes, prepaid is not a very economical choice... As Dennis said probably not even Koodo postpaid plans!
2GB a month!?!? What are you doing and where are you doing it? Maybe you don't have an Internet connection at home but do a lot of your data there? Maybe getting a home Internet connection would reduce your 2GB usage down to something reasonable and affordable. FWIW, I don't even use 50MB a month on my data plan, but granted I'm home a lot and use my home Internet connection.
Userlevel 5
brian wrote:

2GB a month!?!? What are you doing and where are you doing it? Maybe you don't have an Internet...

I use 3-4 a month currently and have Wifi at one job and at home. It's the second job where I stream Internet radio that does it. Sometimes it's not as simple as get wifi and use less. Even before I got this job 1-2 GB a month was pretty normal.