Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trying to upgrade from Pay and Talk to $55 plan

I am trying to change my plan from the $15 pay and talk to the $55 monthly plan. It says that it is in my cart, and that the bill is owed every month. But, I did not get a confirmation, or anything.
Just wondering if it is really that easy to change over? Or, am I missing some thing?
I checked my self serve page and it says nothing on there either. Just has my Pay and Talk info.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What do you mean "$15 pay and talk"? Is it prepaid plan or old monthly plan? Did you log into self serve to change your plan? You should get confirmation if it changed.
Userlevel 2
It is the $15 prepaid plan. I logged in, the $55 plan is in my cart. It says what the plan is, and that $55 is due each month. But, says nothing about "Purchase this" or anything.
I used my phone today and used data, all minutes and data are coming off of my prepaid plan. I have no idea if I actually purchased and changed my plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Paul wrote:

It is the $15 prepaid plan. I logged in, the $55 plan is in my cart. It says what the plan is, an...

@Brian Paul,
   I assume you are not the original poster, though your comment reads like you are. Since there is no $55 prepaid plan, I assume you are looking in post-paid plans. You cannot switch from a pre-paid plan to a post-paid plan without switching SIM cards, and getting a new account. Therefore, yes, your minutes and data will continue to come off your pre-paid plan until you have a post-paid account up and running, and have switched SIM in your phone.

Userlevel 2
Brian Paul wrote:

It is the $15 prepaid plan. I logged in, the $55 plan is in my cart. It says what the plan is, an...

Actually, that was me, the original poster. Sorry, some how an old account got activated. Took care of that now. Thank you.
Thank you also for the information. Never thought of switching from prepaid to a monthly post paid account wouldn't work.
Guess I missed out on the $55 plan special.
Thank you again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brian Paul wrote:

The $50 plan may continue though - it is not marked with an expiry date, you you may still have an opportunity to get close to what you wanted.  Then you can await the next round of specials.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Brian Nadig
Since there is no $55 pre-paid plan, I assume you are looking at a post-paid plan. You need to address a few items:
1) you will need a new SIM. The pre-paid SIM will not work with a post-paid plan
2) when you purchase a new post-paid SIM, the vendor should take the first few steps with you, including setting up an account and, likely a plan.
3) once you have an account, if a plan was not set up for you, you can then manage it in self-serve.