Koodo Community
Solved

Trying to top up and use the 3 times offer,credit card will not work-not my card at issue

• 23 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

i know the credit card is good, is koodo overloaded?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 23 October 2020, 06:04

Does Koodo allow payments using another persons credit card other than the koodo phone account holder?

How did you top up? by self-serve or by dialing *611? They had some restrictions for credit card on new account on postpaid if you were using selfserve (I think they might have a similar thing for prepaid but I couldn’t test myself). Those restrictions are removed after several months. 

Anyway, if you used selfserve for top up and failed, I would suggest you try the IVR by dialing 611 from your Koodo handset. The IVR has less restriction.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Until you figure out your credit card situation, are you setup for a transfer to koodo via your bank account?

Userlevel 1

Thank you no, I tried that using my account number but neither full number or omitting the first 1000000 worked. Our same amex account (she has a card on my amex account and it worked, seems to be an issues with koodo account?) worked for my wifes koodo so we got the 3 x special offer, and I do not want to miss out on my koodo phone.

Thank you

Userlevel 1

Does Koodo allow payments using another persons credit card other than the koodo phone account holder?

Userlevel 7

Koodo is very particular about credit cards when it has to do with procurement of items like phones (due to fraudulent phone procurement transactions). They may not be as strict when it comes to top ups. Try and see if it works!.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you top up? by self-serve or by dialing *611? They had some restrictions for credit card on new account on postpaid if you were using selfserve (I think they might have a similar thing for prepaid but I couldn’t test myself). Those restrictions are removed after several months. 

Anyway, if you used selfserve for top up and failed, I would suggest you try the IVR by dialing 611 from your Koodo handset. The IVR has less restriction.

Userlevel 1

ok-the credit card didn't work the 1st time, why i don't know, have to say the call back worked like  a dream and Jan fixed it for me, Koodo had frozen the credit card for security reasons, I am impressed with Koodo customer service