Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trouble activating phone/porting number

I'm trying to switch my phone from wind to a prepaid koodo. Going through activation poses no problems until I try to submit step #6, after which I reach a page that says, "Generic Error". I've tried this several times, and it never seems to get past that point. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
If you're having trouble doing it online, someone should be able to help you over the phone. Give them a call at 1-866-995-6636. Wind account #s have 3 letters in front of them and from my previous experience activating Koodo postpaid, the computer usually doesn't accept the Wind ones so they'd have to override it.
i have the same problem. im trying to get a new number and its the exact same issue. i think im going to return the phone and go to a different provider
Userlevel 6
Hi there, we are indeed having technical issue with our prepaid activation online. Simply give us a call and we'll activate the account for you. Of course, we won't charge any fee 🙂 Thank you very much! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.