Koodo Community

Transfer number to a new phone and switch numbers between two prepaid Sim cards

• 14 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,
1-My wife has an old phone with a standard size Sim card. She wants to buy a new smart phone which fits Nano size smart card. How  she can  transfer  her number or fit  Sim card  in new phone? Does she have to buy a new Sim from Koodo and transfer her phone number to it or there is another way? She is a prepaid Koodo customer.
2-My son recently lost his phone I deactivated  his number. If I buy a new phone for him can he use his mom’s old Sim card? In another word what happens to a Sim card when we transfer the number to another one ? Can we use it latter in another phone or it will be useless? He is also a prepaid Koodo customer
 3-and my last question .Is it possible to switch numbers between two  prepaid Sim cards?
Thanks so much in advance for answering these questions.
Yours,
Reza

3 replies

Badge +4
1. Yes she will have to buy a new sim card to fit her new phone if her old sim is a different size. Then she just has to get it activated to work in her new phone.

2. No he cant use his Moms old sim card. Once a sim is deactivated its useless for anything else.

3. No but maybe I'm not understanding your question. Can you explain what you are trying to accomplish?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1. Yes she will have to buy a new sim card to fit her new phone if her old sim is a different siz...3 No, but you can effect a switch over a period of a month by changing the plans and information associated with the account to be that of the other individual.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check with a cell phone repair shop or accessory booth. There's a chance you can get a larger SIM cut down or use an adapter depending on the actual phone models. Single use prepaid SIMS at $20 each are not a bargain unless you are setting up a new account.