Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Top Up Problem

Hi there! I'm new in using prepaid. So last month, Koodo had told me to buy a top up voucher before the end of every month to pay for my $15 base plan. I also had a Talk Booster for 100 mins. My base plan expires today so I topped up $15 a couple days ago only to find that I currently have a balance of $5 from Koodo for free because it's my first base plan renewal. And this: Oct 2, 2014 Promo Credit–PP15/Crédit Promo –PP15 Credit of $5.00 Oct 2, 2014 $15 Base Plan Purch/Achat d'un forfait de base 15$ Debit of $15.00 Sep 29, 2014 Top-Up Voucher / Réapprov. avec un bon Credit of $15.00 And I also received a text saying that I don't have enough money in my account to renew my plan on Oct 2. Where did that $15 top up go and am I doing this wrong? I am really confused. Thanks!

10 replies

Userlevel 5
That's odd. I think you're best bet is to give Koodo a call and they can give you a more detailed understanding of the various charges. I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong 🙂 You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday − Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi zen, What does your current balance say? (front page)?
Just $5
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zen wrote:

Just $5

It sounds to me like your $15 was used for renewal of your base plan, zen, when did you get your Koodo prepaid plan? (You mentioned "last month")? If you are convinced a mistake is made I would indeed call Koodo... but usually there is a logical explanation to these things 🙂
zen wrote:

Just $5

Hi Sophia, I went to Koodo on Sept 2 with an unlocked phone so I got a new SIM, with a base plan of $15 and then Talk Booster 100. This is my first time topping up prepaid over here so I really am confused when they sent me a text saying that I have "not enough money in your account to renew your $15 plan on Oct 2" I still have a balance of $5 on my overview prepaid page and also, I just got a text from Koodo saying that my "base plan has been renewed for another 30 days"? I am confused Koodo, I really am.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zen wrote:

Just $5

So you get Koodo prepaid on Sept 2 with $20 credit. $15 is used right away for the first month base plan: $20-$15=$5 credit. You bought a $5 booster: $5-$5=$0 credit On Sept 29 you topped up with $15, that should have brought your credit back to $15 On October 2nd (today) your base plan was renewed: $0 again. You got a bonus of $5 which brings us to today's $5, which is exactly correct 🙂 You probably got the text that your funds were not sufficient because you topped up on the 29th... you don't have to worry about that! It's all good 😃
zen wrote:

Just $5

The booster was actually $10, bought together with the first month base plan on Sept 2? Haha Also quick question. If I wanted to buy more boosters next month with a top up voucher, do I just add in the total amount lets say $15 base plan + $10 booster = $25 and just go through the self-serve prepaid and select the boosters on my own? Or can I just buy boosters and add anytime with a top up voucher? Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zen wrote:

Just $5

Once you add the funds, you can use it for anything, data booster, talk booster or just a regular top up. If you don't use the funds, they will be used for top up by default 🙂
zen wrote:

Just $5

Alright thanks very much for the help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zen wrote:

Just $5

You're quite welcome and although I'm sure you are aware of it by now, just a heads up that if you use auto top-up, you get a 10% credit discount 🙂