Koodo Community

Community

Solved

This number is not assigned

I sign up for the prepay plan earlier to-day. People using Rogers network can not call my new number, they got this number is not assigned message. Other net work can call me ok. What is the problem?

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Can you call customers on Rogers network?Could be an issue with Rogers where their customers can't call outside their network
yes, i can call them, but they can not call me, I tried two different rogers customers, they got the same message.
Userlevel 6
I'd say it's a problem on their end OR depending what phone they've got, they could have your number blocked or showing up in their spam list. And hey, check to see you didn't block those numbers -:)
My self and my daughter are on Rogers network, my wife is on this new Koodo prepay phone. I have no problem with my Rogers phone incoming or out going. I guess I have to take the Koodo phone and my rogers phone to the Koodo store tomorrow to sort this out.
Userlevel 6
Let me understand this, you and your daughter (Rogers phone) call your wife's phone (Koodo) and receive a recording that 'this number is not assigned'. Your wife calls your phone and any other phone and there's no issue. Is that a correct summary?
yes
Userlevel 6
What type of phone do you and your daughter have? Check out the call settings on these phones, it's a long shot but you could have your wifes number on a auto reject list.
We are on the Iphone 4s, my wife got this new Iphone 6. There is no auto reject list. I just tried again calling her, still getting the number not assigned. Her phone can call me back no problem. I have a voip home phone can call her and she can call the home phone no problem.
Userlevel 6
That's why I asked what phone you have. Didn't know Koodo offered iPhone on prepaid. Sorry Kai, don't have a solution for you. You have 15 days to return phone for full refund (vouchers aren't eligible for refunds) so yeah, I'd go back to the store to sort it out and if not, go for the refund.
I bought this iphone 6 on my own and got this prepay sim from Koodo. Thank you for your help.
Userlevel 6
Kai Nip wrote:

I bought this iphone 6 on my own and got this prepay sim from Koodo. Thank you for your help.

Hmmm, it's an unlocked iPhone, right? Koodo can't guarantee services on other carrier's phones. Are services guaranteed on my non-Koodo smartphone? Koodo doesn’t guarantee service on other carriers' phones. If it’s compatible and unlocked, voice and text messaging services should work in the same way. If you are planning on using data, you'll need to configure your phone's data connection. Check out this link to learn more. http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/are-services-guaranteed-on-my-non-koodo-smartphone
Called customer service this morning. The number I got was no good, he gave me a new number, everything is fine now.
Userlevel 6
Glad it got resolved for you!