Koodo Community

Community

Thank you Koodo for the 10% discount on prepaid!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just got the email: "Get 10% off your monthly base plan when you sign up for automatic top-ups! Once you've registered for automatic top-ups, 10% will be taken off the cost of your base plan when you renew it next month, and every month after that for as long as you keep automatic top-ups on your account - it's that simple!" THANK YOU once again for being so generous towards us prepaid users 🙂

76 replies

Userlevel 6
What? My plan renewed *today* and I did not get that e-mail???
Userlevel 6
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Yes, John. Special offers for single customers on prepaid. Yes. It must be that...
Userlevel 6

Question is, did you sign up Sophia?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Chris, it's like this 🙂 I always was on auto top-up, but to help troubleshoot something I disabled it for this month 🙂 I'll be back on auto top-up once the testing is over and Koodo better still be offering it by then!!! 😛
Userlevel 2

I didn't get that e-mail either. I'm already on auto top up though. Maybe it's just to get people on it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm not sure, Brian. I just noticed something I had not noticed in my enthusiasm this morning: my husband and I each have an account, and only one of the two accounts received the email, the other did not (yet). Perhaps the sending of emails is throttled, or it's only sent to specific addresses... and I still don't know if you need to re-apply for automatic top-up to qualify for the 10% or if it is automatically applied to all customers. No news from Koodo yet either so hoping for more answers soon 🙂
Userlevel 6

People who did not receive the e-mail seem to have in common the fact that they were already on automatic top-ups. That may be why.
Userlevel 2

Guess I'll just have to disable top up, and sign up for it again. Anything for a buck. well, three bucks, a month 🙂
Userlevel 6

That doesn't sound like koodo. For monthly customers when they dropped prices for one of their plans they sent a text if you were already with them to say that you get the deal as well.
Userlevel 6
Alright, should work next month according to this... I was already on auto top-ups...

Userlevel 6
jcsousa wrote:

I just went thru the signe-up and and it shows that I would be paying $16.95 with 10% off would b...

John, I hope you realize you just posted your account information for everyone to see?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jcsousa wrote:

I just went thru the signe-up and and it shows that I would be paying $16.95 with 10% off would b...

I have flagged your post John, we're not allowed to delete posts but a moderator should be around soon 🙂
So, is there a definitive answer if those *already on* auto top-up will receive the same 10% off starting next month? I see that same message, and am curious if we have to deactivate the auto top-up and reactivate it to ensure the 10% applies?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dave Hyatt wrote:

So, is there a definitive answer if those *already on* auto top-up will receive the same 10% off ...

Good question, Dave! You beat me to it, I was about to ask the same 🙂
Userlevel 1
Dave Hyatt wrote:

So, is there a definitive answer if those *already on* auto top-up will receive the same 10% off ...

Good question Dave 🙂 If you remove and re-add auto top up, you will receive the discount. This will start next month, when your base plan renews itself. Hope that helps!
Dave Hyatt wrote:

Thanks Ashley for the info!
Userlevel 1
Dave Hyatt wrote:

No problem 🙂
Userlevel 6
Dave Hyatt wrote:

Yesterday I removed and re-added auto top-up. Today my plan renewed and I got the 10% discount. Thanks Ashley.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dave Hyatt wrote:

How did it work, Ray? Did your credit card get charged less, or did you get the 10% in credit?
Userlevel 6
Dave Hyatt wrote:

I got a 10% credit, so my account now has a balance of $1.50. I suppose that means they won't charge my credit card when the credit balance reaches $15 after 10 months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dave Hyatt wrote:

Interesting!!! So in a way you're building up credit to buy a data booster after 20 months 🙂 I wonder what would happen if you auto top-up with $5 - do you still get the $1.50 or would it drop to $0.50? It's so new I still have many questions 😃
Userlevel 7
Woo! This is awesome now that I have a prepaid line:) Thanks, Koodo!
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

Woo! This is awesome now that I have a prepaid line:) Thanks, Koodo!

Glad you're happy Ahmad! 🙂
Userlevel 6
We seem to be getting MANY more threads/questions/ideas about prepaid recently, as if prepaid users were silent in the past, or if there was a recent surge in popularity... Anyone have input on this? I'm just wondering! In any case, I'm happy to see more people realizing the value they're getting :oD
Userlevel 6

We seem to be getting MANY more threads/questions/ideas about prepaid recently, as if prepaid use...

Maybe koodo is signing up more prepaid users as of late or their prepaid users just discovering the community.