Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching to prepaid... Am I basically paying twice this month?

If I activate a new prepaid SIM to switch over, does this mean that I'm paying double this month (ie. for the monthly plan and also whatever prepaid plan I choose)? I was thinking of getting the $15/month for unlimited text, but my current plan already includes text. so... 1. Am I basically wasting $15 by switching on day 6 of my billing cycle? 2. Is there any way to cancel the monthly plan earlier as soon as I activate prepaid? Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, the second you port out your postpaid number to prepaid, your account will be closed... you will however receive one final bill up to that date, with any remaining TAB (if any). You won't need to do a thing, just port out your number and you won't pay a day too much 🙂
Sophia wrote:

No, the second you port out your postpaid number to prepaid, your account will be closed... you w...

thanks 🙂
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

No, the second you port out your postpaid number to prepaid, your account will be closed... you w...

Hi Sophia, when a number is ported out, the account is not cancelled right away but for the end of the current billing cycle. Since we charge for the service a month in advance, it won't affect the bill as the service has normally already been paid 🙂 Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Are you sure Yannick? I was always told that the only exception to that rule was somebody porting their number to Koodo prepaid. If I was mistaken there, I shall amend my internal mind database 😉
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

Well, in my own personal experience, when I ported my girlfriend's and my own lines from postpaid -> prepaid, in both cases, we were prorate-charged. We were about halfway into our cycle (postpaid), and were only charged as such.
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

Oops, my bad! You are absolutely right! Postpaid account to prepaid account: cancelled immediately! Sorry about that! And thank you for spotting this mistake!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Haha yes I wasn't too sure suddenly, but at least now it's clear to all 🙂