Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching from Koodo Prepaid to Postpaid

Userlevel 2
Hello,

I'm considering switching from Koodo Prepaid to Koodo Postpaid. 

What's the procedure for doing this?  Can I do it online or with *611 or do I need to go to a Koodo store?

What happens if I still have any credits left on my account (i.e. the 10% I get every month for using credit card automatic top-ups) and/or unused boosters?  Is that all lost, or can I get a credit?

And finally, does anyone know of any current promos for switching from prepaid to postpaid?  I remember getting text messages from Koodo with these limited time offers (e.g. $10/month off for a year on any plan of $40 or more), but I don't think I've seen one lately.

[Thanks for taking the time to reply - I know this has been asked before, but the most recent hit I could find was from over a year ago, so I wanted to reconfirm the information in case anything has changed.]

Cheers.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
You'll need to visit a Koodo shop to do the switch. I received a few text messages about promotions but they all expired at the end of September. In general, you will receive the value of the accumulated top-up credit, but you will lose any remaining data or minutes in your boosters, unless this has changed recently.

Userlevel 2
Ray wrote:

You'll need to visit a Koodo shop to do the switch. I received a few text messages about promotio...

OK, thanks for that.  That makes sense.

It's unfortunate that the promos have expired, but at the time I still had too much unused talk and data booster remaining, and I didn't want to waste it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ray wrote:

You'll need to visit a Koodo shop to do the switch. I received a few text messages about promotio...

I'm getting these offers on a regular basis, Jake, about once every two months or so. I'm sure you will receive another one some day 🙂
Userlevel 2
Ray wrote:

Sophia - true enough, but it's really a matter of bad timing - I received an offer when I wasn't ready to switch, and now that I'm ready to switch, I don't have an offer, sigh ....

Aside from the fact that I've got my credit to a low point, and that I've almost used up my boosters (to the level that I don't mind if I lose the few minutes and MBs remaining); also I can't purchase roaming packages for prepaid which I need since I'm heading south soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ray wrote:

The good news is: roaming is going to be available for prepaid very soon - latest information is November but nothing is certain yet.

Have you tried talking to a store and see if they can still offer you the $10 discount even though it expired? Sometimes a little sugar and bargaining can go a long way...... (she said speaking from experience) 😃
Userlevel 2
Ray wrote:

I've already tried emailing CS to see if there's anything, but I'll keep in your mind suggestion if I happen to walk by a Koodo store, thanks.