Koodo Community
Solved

Switched to post-paid account on Oct. 23, prepaid top ups still charging my credit card

• 23 November 2018
  • 6 replies

I'm on hold with Koodo right now, but wondered if anyone else had this issue?

I switched to a post-paid account on October 23 and I just noticed on Oct. 25 my $15 base plan from the pre-paid account was charged to my credit card, and I see a Nov. 23 pending transaction on my credit card for $15 base plan. This shouldn't be happening as my pre-paid account was closed down when I made the switch on Oct. 23.

Anyone ever get a resolution from this besides having to dispute the charges with your credit card company?
icon

Best answer by Melissa 23 November 2018, 17:32

They couldn't help. Not for lack of trying apparently, but the prepaid division said they don't see the charges and the account was closed on Oct. 23.

I'm now on hold with my credit card company to dispute the charges.

Koodo also gave me a number to call to get a record of all transactions associated with my credit card in case my credit card company needs it.

What a mess.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm sure Koodo can solve the issue on their end. Might be a bug in the system where the post-paid wasn'T closed well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well you are doing the right thing by waiting to speak with a rep since it's a billing dispute. They'll definitely help you out.
Badge +4
I'm on hold with Koodo right now, but wondered if anyone else had this issue?

I switched to a post-paid account on October 23 and I just noticed on Oct. 25 my $15 base plan from the pre-paid account was charged to my credit card, and I see a Nov. 23 pending transaction on my credit card for $15 base plan. This shouldn't be happening as my pre-paid account was closed down when I made the switch on Oct. 23.

Anyone ever get a resolution from this besides having to dispute the charges with your credit card company?

Did you port your prepaid number to a postpaid account? If you didn't do that then your prepaid account is still active. You should remove automatic top ups from your account. Then after 90 days your prepaid account will close.
They couldn't help. Not for lack of trying apparently, but the prepaid division said they don't see the charges and the account was closed on Oct. 23.

I'm now on hold with my credit card company to dispute the charges.

Koodo also gave me a number to call to get a record of all transactions associated with my credit card in case my credit card company needs it.

What a mess.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hmm I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll have better luck with your credit card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lesson for the next person would be to remove the auto topup before porting over