Koodo Community

Community

Solved

switch phone with different sized simcard

I currently have a koodo prepaid phone. and am wanting to switch to a different one that. but the simcard is smaller is there a way to switch everything from the one I currently have to a new one

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
All you need to do is buy the correct size SIM card in a store, activate it in self service and insert it in your new phone, Moriah 🙂 Nowadays it doesn't store anything more than your account information such as your number so you'll be all set after that 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Another option, if you are comfortable with it, is to have the Sim card stamp cut and the edges smoothed. I haven't asked in forever because I got my own stamper off eBay but Bestbuy locations usually will do it and it depends on third party retailers. If not, just do as Sophia says.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Another option, if you are comfortable with it, is to have the Sim card stamp cut and the edges s...

There's nothing to lose by trying to cut down your existing SIM. If it doesn't work, you would have bought a new one for $20 anyways.

If you are cutting down to nano-size, be aware that these are normally thinner, so don't force your newly slimmed-down SIM into the slot or it may become stuck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have a newer SIM Card then it's possible it's a triple punch SIM Card and you can punch out the smaller size if your old on was larger. This is only with the new SIM cards so if you don't see a smaller line inside the one you have now then you have an older SIM Card that doesn't have the triple punch feature.