Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switch from Tab to no Tab

I am paying a tab on a phone that I have already paid off and I do not want to keep paying an extra $7 on my bill when I do not intend to purchase a new phone from Koodo. I am wondering if I can switch to a no tab prepaid instead? I would really have liked to discuss this by phone, but I do not wish to pay $10 for basic customer service!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Emilie,

Once you are done paying your tab, you should not have an extra amount to pay on your bill anymore. Are you sure it is not an old Koodo Tab Contribution?
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Emilie,

Once you are done paying your tab, you should not have an extra amount to pay on your...

I got a phone with Koodo about 26months ago, and I have a positive balance of 15$ and cents. The past two months I have paid the same on my bill as I have from the beginning. I was reading other posts about positive tabs going towards a new phone or something, which I do not want. If they were adding $7 a month to my bill, unless I completely misunderstood the sales rep, then how can I get $7 off of my bill now?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Emilie,

Once you are done paying your tab, you should not have an extra amount to pay on your...

You could be on Tab S. it means Koodo was contributing the Tab for you.
If you are on the Tab M, then you were paying $5/mo for your tab.(Or $10 for Tab L)
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Emilie,

It's called a classic Tab S yes, I somehow remember $7 per month, but doesn't really matter. I noticed that no tab plans are at 40$ a month for 500mb and 500min and text. Since I am getting a worse deal, I guess I will go to prepaid or switch providers. Telus has better prepaid deals it would seem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can switch to prepaid any time if you want.
Do you want port/transfer your number?
What is your usage like?  Prepaid could be better depends on your usage 🙂

Note: Once you paid off your Tab, then tab charge will be removed. And you just pay for your plan 🙂
If Koodo is contributing it, it will accumulate up to $150. But you are not pay into this.
Hello Mayumi, do I need to call to switch to prepaid? I am getting a positive Tab now, which I don't really want because I do not need a new phone and I am not considering getting a new one through Koodo again. I would like to keep my number, my usage is less than 100min (often less than 50min) for talk, 300-500mb of data is plenty for me, and I send an average of 50-100 texts per month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to keep your number, then go to the nearest Koodo store and get a prepaid sim card.
It's $20, but it comes with $20 credit.

Activate your prepaid sim card and port/transfer your number. Do not cancel your post paid account. You need active account to port your number.
Once porting is done, your post paid account will be close and they will send you a final bill with overage charges if any.

Your positive tab will be forfeited when your account is canceled since it only good for phone upgrade.