Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switch from Monthly Koodo plan to Prepaid Koodo - can I do this online?

Userlevel 1
Presently on monthly plan with Koodo.  Have just selected to pay off tab on my account and went to Telus/Koodo store and bought a new prepaid Sim.  How do I switch over and activate my new prepaid account, or do I have to call Koodo to do this.  I want to transfer over my phone # to the prepaid account as well.  Thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just acitvate your prepaid account.  Once it is up and running, go to self serve (for the prepaid account) and then select to port your number over
Userlevel 1
Thank You. Done!  No Sim came up on phone, so I'm guessing I have to wait a little while for the transfer to take place and update my phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
onajourney wrote:

Thank You. Done!  No Sim came up on phone, so I'm guessing I have to wait a little while for...

Reboot the phone
Userlevel 1
onajourney wrote:

Thank You. Done!  No Sim came up on phone, so I'm guessing I have to wait a little while for...

Thanks Dennis!  I powered down the phone, opened the back and took out/reinserted the SIM.  Upon powering up it worked a little then stopped.  So turned off and restarted again and success.  Pleased to have it completed and able to send/receive texts.  Appreciate the online support from Koodo community.
Amazed the in store Telus//koodo clerk couldn't have completed it all for me, instead told me to go home and call.  Much easier to handle everything myself online, then wait on the phone and incur customer care charges. This is my first smart phone and a bit of learning curve, but if I can do it, anyone can.  This support forum is the greatest learning tool.  Cheers!
Userlevel 7
onajourney wrote:

Glad you got everything worked out and resolved! Smartphones can be scary for those who have never had one, but once you get the hand of it you'll fall in love with the amount of things it can do for you! Enjoy your new phone and if you ever have a question or need help, feel free to come back to the Koodo community and we will help you as best we can 🙂