Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Smaller cell phone

We found two koodo cell phones at the local Presidents Grocery store. One is the LG GB-255G. It is a flip phone and has the perfect size keyboard for my hubby's big fingers. The other one is the Samsung Evergreen. We like the size of these phones as they will fit an existing belt phone pouch. However, when I went on the koodo site and looked for them I can't find them. Does koodo still sell these? If not, do they still support them? Darlene

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Both of these phones are still supported but they have been discontinued and are no longer carried by the webstore. Retailers may still carry them as existing stock.
Userlevel 7
They're discontinued models but as long as they're Koodo phones they'll still work. Ace and One V are pretty much out the door too but we can still transfer from another store.
So if we buy one of them there will be no trouble activating? At least this time we will not be trying to transfer a phone number. 😉 The flip phone is $60. The other one $70.That seemed rather cheap. Both are displayed as prepaid which is what we want. If we have warranty issues would koodo deal with them? Since they are discontinued is there an issue with them that makes them unreliable? We are simply looking for an inexpensive second phone, mainly to be used for very occassional calls and probably more limited texting. The size of these are perfect. Can you recommend another koodo phone that has not been discontinued, same size, big keyboard, that would be better. Thanks Darlene
Userlevel 7
They still get a 1 year warranty. They're just discontinued because they're old stock and new stuff has replaced them. You'd be hard pressed to find another current phone that fits what you're looking for besides the A341, and that retails for $100 on postpaid... if prepaid has a cheaper outright price then go ahead - you can do almost any phone you want on prepaid or postpaid, it just depends on the SIM card/account you get.
Jonathan I wrote:

They still get a 1 year warranty. They're just discontinued because they're old stock and new stu...

I looked at reviews for all three of these phones. None of them sound very good. Then did a google search for phones for seniors and came up with some. One was called Dora... can't remember rest of name and it looked good. So, just a question of clarification. If we cannot find a suitable phone at Koodo can we buy a phone anywhere, as long as it is 'unlocked', then bring it to Koodo and buy the sim card? I have found no other company that allows you to buy a block of minutes and those minutes carry over to next month if not used.... and I never have to buy more minutes until I need them. One company my friend is with allows minutes to carry over, but if you do not buy more you loss them. Now how does that make sense.... I did not use all of them this month. WHY would I want or need to buy more??? I would have gotten a smart phone years ago if this prepaid plan was available. I hate buying something (minutes) I am not going to use.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

They still get a 1 year warranty. They're just discontinued because they're old stock and new stu...

Needs to be hspa, unlocked and be compatible with the 850/1900 MHz frequency bands. Other than that, yes, you can get a phone from anywhere.