Koodo Community
Question

Sim card stop working suddenly

• 13 April 2020
  • 6 replies

So my SIM card stopped working suddenly and I can’t go to the store to buy one because of current COVID-19 situation. Am I being caught up in the mess? Someone help!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What exactly isn’t working?

Have you tried restarting your phone, removing and reinserting your sim card, and/or resetting your network settings?

Thanks, I tried everything above, but still no service. Whenever I want to make a phone call, it says no connection. I tried the SIM card with other phone, still not working. So I think change the SIM card seems to be the right move.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks, I tried everything above, but still no service. Whenever I want to make a phone call, it says no connection. I tried the SIM card with other phone, still not working. So I think change the SIM card seems to be the right move.

Sounds right to me. If you have no stores open around you then you’ll have to contact Koodo to have them ship you a new one. You can send them a pm via facebook at https://m.me/koodo

I asked them, unfortunately  they said that they won’t have support for prepaid account. I looked up at amazon Canada website, and it take 1 month to ship to Montreal downtown area which is quite uncomfortable considering that I will have to pay for it without being able to actually use the service. Is anyone on this community capable of making the shipment here? Thanks again!

Badge +4

BestBuy might be an option. They mention that a SIM card can be delivered as early as April 22, 2020 (next week Wednesday). It’s also a little less than what Amazon charges, though BestBuy will likely charge a shipping fee.

BestBuy Koodo Prepaid Tri-Cut SIM Card

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just wondering since no one mentioned it, but have you logged into your self serve to make sure your account is active?

Also are you able to send text messages?