Koodo Community

Community

Solved

sim card

i just went to activate my new phone and it says my sim card number is invalid what do i do now

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is the SIM card brand new Tania? Also, are you sure it is (not) a prepaid SIM card - there is a difference in Koodo "plan" and "prepaid" SIM cards. And lastly.... did you enter the number correctly (I know I never do the first 10 tries, lol!)
Yes the sim card is brand new i do have a pre paid phone but i dont think the sim is like that but im not sure and yes i enter the in pin in right lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tania Beath wrote:

Yes the sim card is brand new i do have a pre paid phone but i dont think the sim is like that bu...

Aww I did the same last week Tania, bought a SIM card on eBay and it turned out to be a "normal" one, not Prepaid. The correct one should have "Prepaid" printed on it... anything else won't work 😞
thank u
I am having this prob too....my 1st phone and not prepaid....help
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
onarock wrote:

I am having this prob too....my 1st phone and not prepaid....help

Where did you get your plan, onarock? Or did you get a plan yet?
my plan is with koodo.....talk and text.....
all is good now thanx, they no longer send the sim card ready to go...due to fraud and stuff...so u have to call to activate your phone....i wish they would state this in the instructions....sure would save people from frustration thanx for your help sophia k
Whats your mobile manufacturer and model ? Invalid sim message indicates that your phone is locked with your current network . Make sure that your phone accept other network mobile sim cards. If no, you need to unlock it from your servcie provider or from any of the online vendors like http://www.onlinegsmunlock.com/supported-phones/rs7wp7/ to unlock it . After unlocking your phone, you can use any other sim cards with it .
I am having the same problem but mine is prepaid sim and put the number in correctly and still says invalid. Now what?
Same problem for me as well. Card is prepaid, setting up with prepaid, typed in SIM card number five times keeps saying invalid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
See above? onarock 1 year ago all is good now thanx, they no longer send the sim card ready to go...due to fraud and stuff...so u have to call to activate your phone....i wish they would state this in the instructions....sure would save people from frustration