Koodo Community

Community

Solved

sim already in use

im currently a koodo prepay customer i bought a new phone that requires a micro sim i went too koodo to get a new sim - and when i try to change the sim card in my account - it says the sim card is already in use is there any way to reset the info on the sim card - malls are closed here tomorrow for family day and customer service charges $5 to offer help

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe a Kiosk rep already activated a sim card for you when you got it at a Koodo kiosk. Try turning off your phone > put sim card in > turn your phone back on. By the way, Koodo DOESN'T charge you for technical help. They only charge you a fee when you ask them to do something you can do yourself through self serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you sure you are entering the sim number correctly. Calling customer service won't cost anything since you have tried to do it via self serve and it did not work. However if the sim was indeed compromised then there is no other solution than to return to a Koodo Kiosk to get another sim. Depending where you are malls may be open on Family day (they are in Calgary and Edmonton)