Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Should I pay to receive calls?

I bought a prepaid SIM card, and paid 15$ for a base plan, plus 30$ for a internet, and plus 25$ for a talk booster. I just did one call (5 min) from my service area (Lethbridge) to Calgary, and received calls from Calgary, too. Yesterday, I received a message that I have no minutes to talk anymore. Somebody could me explain what's happen?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your talk booster is for both incoming and outgoing calls when on the $15 baseplan
So, why I don't have minutes anymore?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Désirée Ribeiro Soares wrote:

Did you talk on your phone for more than 500 mins total since you got your talk booster? Did you call the US or international? How many calls did you receive?

I did talk for 5 minutes. I never did calls or receive international calls. I received 3 calls from Calgary.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the 3 received calls dont add up to 495 minutes then yea it seems like there is an error
I think the Koodo commit a mistake. How to complain and receive my boosters again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think the Koodo commit a mistake. How to complain and receive my boosters again?

If you think there is an error with your account, dial *611 on your koodo cell. It is a free call

thank you

Is it free? They said on the *611 that I need to pay 5 dolares.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes *611 on your koodo cell is free as long as you are not asking Koodo to change anything that you can change via self serve. Also calling *611 doesnt use any talk boosters. Are you not able to connect with *611 without a talk booster? If so call 1-866-995-6636 from another phone

thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Désirée, I guess you are new to Canada.... this is different than in other places in the world. In Canada, you pay for both outgoing AND incoming minutes... it takes some getting used to but that is the way it is. On the upside, in other countries the caller has to pay more to call a mobile number, in Canada they only pay a local tariff. Hope that explains the situation for you 🙂
Userlevel 1
Depending on how long you are in Canada it might be worth it to go to the grocery store call Superstore. They have some of the best prepaid plans for prepaid or short term.