Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Self serve says "base plan expired" but there are funds on my account and my renewal date is tomorrow?!

Userlevel 2
What's the deal? My renewal date is Aug 5th, there's more than enough funds on my account to cover the cost of my base plan (like, $10 extra), yet here we are. "Base plan expired" a day before my renewal date.

My service is still working, but I don't get why the self-serve isn't reflecting reality.

Does anyone know what the deal with that is?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
If you check out the "related conversations" below it would seem this is a normal anomaly, it usually happens a day before the plan renews.
Userlevel 2
Thanks Chad.

This is my first month on prepaid and the whole thing freaked me out. I did look at the "related conversations" before I posted, but none of them seemed to really explain *why* this happens so I got a bit worried.

Thanks for confirming it as an "anomaly".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Probably a dufus mistake in the system programming. Looks like your base plan has to be "expired" before a re-charge either from your balance or automatic top up is triggered.

We are both in the same boat: my base plan expired on the 5th, auto top-up is on the 6th and received a text from Koodo three days prior reminding me that my renewal is upcoming on the 5th, even though I am on automatic.

Even though my self-serve page says expired in red, my phone is still working. Expect to see a top-up transaction within 24 hours. Suspect this is just a SNAFU and not to worry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Probably a dufus mistake in the system programming. Looks like your base plan has to be "expired"...

Follow-up 8 am on the 6th... text received from Koodo thanking me for top up. So all is good.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Probably a dufus mistake in the system programming. Looks like your base plan has to be "expired"...

P.S. Koodo transaction history does not show any applicable taxes. If your top up amount is $20, then $20 will show up in your transaction history on self-serve, but your credit card will be charged $23 to cover applicable taxes.