Koodo Community
Question

Replacing my sim card in a different phone

My phone broke and i bought a new one from a friend. My new phone dose not take the same size sim card. My old phone took a koodo micro sim card (that i had recently paid for my base plan)and my new one takes a nano. How do i activate my new phone and sim and still have my number with koodo and my minutes .

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The new SIM card should be able to transform in a nano SIM card.
Hilary1983 wrote:

My phone broke and i bought a new one from a friend. My new phone dose not take the same size sim card. My old phone took a koodo micro sim card (that i had recently paid for my base plan)and my new one takes a nano. How do i activate my new phone and sim and still have my number with koodo and my minutes .

If your old prepaid sim is a 3 in 1 multi sim you could pop out the smallest size(nano) and put it in your new phone and everything will be the same. If the old prepaid sim isn't a 3 in 1 sim then you could take it to a mobile store and see if they have a sim cutter to cut it down to a nano.

Or you could just go buy a new prepaid sim that can be used as a nano. Then log in to your prepaid account and click on phone services. Then click on change sim card. Enter the new sim card number and you're good to go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mats wrote:

Hilary1983 wrote:

If your old prepaid sim is a 3 in 1 multi sim you could pop out the smallest size(nano) and put it in your new phone and everything will be the same. If the old prepaid sim isn't a 3 in 1 sim then you could take it to a mobile store and see if they have a sim cutter to cut it down to a nano.

Or you could just go buy a new prepaid sim that can be used as a nano. Then log in to your prepaid account and click on phone services. Then click on change sim card. Enter the new sim card number and you're good to go.

It's $20 for a new prepaid sim card, but you may be able to find a cheaper on ebay