Koodo Community
Solved

Replacing my sim card in a different phone

My phone broke and i bought a new one from a friend. My new phone dose not take the same size sim card. My old phone took a koodo micro sim card (that i had recently paid for my base plan)and my new one takes a nano. How do i activate my new phone and sim and still have my number with koodo and my minutes .
icon

Best answer by Mats 13 November 2018, 04:38

Hilary1983 wrote:

My phone broke and i bought a new one from a friend. My new phone dose not take the same size sim card. My old phone took a koodo micro sim card (that i had recently paid for my base plan)and my new one takes a nano. How do i activate my new phone and sim and still have my number with koodo and my minutes .

If your old prepaid sim is a 3 in 1 multi sim you could pop out the smallest size(nano) and put it in your new phone and everything will be the same. If the old prepaid sim isn't a 3 in 1 sim then you could take it to a mobile store and see if they have a sim cutter to cut it down to a nano.

Or you could just go buy a new prepaid sim that can be used as a nano. Then log in to your prepaid account and click on phone services. Then click on change sim card. Enter the new sim card number and you're good to go.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The new SIM card should be able to transform in a nano SIM card.
Badge +4
Hilary1983 wrote:

If your old prepaid sim is a 3 in 1 multi sim you could pop out the smallest size(nano) and put it in your new phone and everything will be the same. If the old prepaid sim isn't a 3 in 1 sim then you could take it to a mobile store and see if they have a sim cutter to cut it down to a nano.

Or you could just go buy a new prepaid sim that can be used as a nano. Then log in to your prepaid account and click on phone services. Then click on change sim card. Enter the new sim card number and you're good to go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mats wrote:

Hilary1983 wrote:

It's $20 for a new prepaid sim card, but you may be able to find a cheaper on ebay