Koodo Community

replace a bad sim card

how to replace a bad sim card, can i get it delivered for free, will store charge for replacement

13 replies

Badge +4
well i'll be getting 3 sim sizes  for $17, as of now i need a micro, but when i get another ...Whatever sim size you end up using just keep the pieces so you can put it back together and hopefully work in another phone with a different size.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
well i'll be getting 3 sim sizes  for $17, as of now i need a micro, but when i get another ...Yes, that's one advantage to the new SIMs. The first punch-out (for the micro size) can then be further punched-out for the nano size, but not vice-versa.
And at least you saved a trip to a Koodo store since only those independent eBay suppliers seem willing to ship.

Good luck.
Badge +4
well i'll be getting 3 sim sizes  for $17, as of now i need a micro, but when i get another ...No you'll get a 3 in 1 sim. You wont get 3 sims in 3 different sizes.
well i'll be getting 3 sim sizes  for $17, as of now i need a micro, but when i get another phone it might take a nano
on ebay theyre selling Koodo Multi Sim Card (Nano + Micro + Regular) $20 FREE AIR TIME CREDI...yup i tried it on another phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
on ebay theyre selling Koodo Multi Sim Card (Nano + Micro + Regular) $20 FREE AIR TIME CREDI...Just to wear both belt and suspenders at the same time, if you can get to a Koodo dealer or booth, have them check your SIM in one of their phones and vice versa to make sure that's really the problem. That way you won't spend $20 for nothing in case the problem's elsewhere.
Badge +4
on ebay theyre selling Koodo Multi Sim Card (Nano + Micro + Regular) $20 FREE AIR TIME CREDI...That is what Bob is talking about in his post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
on ebay theyre selling Koodo Multi Sim Card (Nano + Micro + Regular) $20 FREE AIR TIME CREDI...$20 credit is for new activations only, so my previous comments apply, unfortunately.

on ebay theyre selling Koodo Multi Sim Card (Nano + Micro + Regular) $20 FREE AIR TIME CREDIT included for $17, couldnt i use those on my existing prepaid account. i asked seller just waiting for a reply. but i dont see why not. heres a link for it
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/182949740516?ViewItem=&item=182949740516
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
so no other option but to pay another $20 for a sim card?Unfortunately no, unless your booster balances are almost zero.

In that case, you can set up the new SIM as a new client and get a $20 credit on your new account. But your old account and boosters will be forfeited, including your phone number.

so no other option but to pay another $20 for a sim card?
Badge +4
The store you go to will charge you for a replacement sim. 

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/101-koodo-sim-cards
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A replacement prepaid SIM card costs $20, vin vin. You can then activate it in self service.