Koodo Community
Solved

Reactivating my account with new SIM card

• 12 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi,I lost my cellphone 2 weeks ago. I’m a prepaid user and deactivate my account since then.Now that I got a new phone, I also bought a new SIM card,and if possible would like to keep the same phone #. But right now I’m having a problem registering my new SIM it always sez Invalid card. Please help soon.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 12 April 2020, 17:52

You will need to login to your self serve account, do a sim swap for the new sim card, and then top-up your account to activate it again.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You will need to login to your self serve account, do a sim swap for the new sim card, and then top-up your account to activate it again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need to login to your account before you can manage any changes. Once there, there is the option to chance your SIM card, under Phone Services.

Make sure you have a prepaid SIM card, not a postpaid one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure you have a prepaid SIM card, not a postpaid one.

Ahh yes, to add to this the Prepaid one looks like this in case you are unsure!

Hi I need help koodo, I broke my IPhone 7 a month ago with my old prepaid sim card with it as will, I recently got myself an IPhone 8 with a new prepaid sim card  and was wondering if I can get my old phone number back even if I’m under a family plan under my mother’s koodo account 

Need help with a new sim card

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi I need help koodo, I broke my IPhone 7 a month ago with my old prepaid sim card with it as will, I recently got myself an IPhone 8 with a new prepaid sim card  and was wondering if I can get my old phone number back even if I’m under a family plan under my mother’s koodo account 

You can change your new SIM in your prepaid selfserve or use the old prepaid SIM in the new phone. 

If you want to use the old prepaid number in your mother account, you can transfer it with your mom selfserve. However, you would need to reactivate the prepaid account before doing so. Koodo cannot transfer inactive account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Need help with a new sim card

What kind of help you are looking for? Can you provide more information? (Activate/change/prepaid or pospaid/existing or new customer)