Koodo Community
Solved

Question about new activation

• 17 September 2019
  • 8 replies

Just activated a new prepaid account and have 2 questions:

1. Bought a SIM card online and it said that it comes with a $20 air time credit -- $5 upon activation and then $5 three more times at the start of a new billing cycle. Not sure how to access this? I couldn't find any where to put in a code or anything. My SIM card did come with a bar code and a 10 digit alphanumeric number. Any suggestions?
  2. I also set up an automatic payment plan and it talked about receiving 100 extra minutes. Again, not seeing this?
Thanks for any help/suggestions that you have.
icon

Best answer by Allan M 17 September 2019, 03:51

The $20 credit no longer applies for new activations as of Sept 12th. Where did you buy it from?

The 100 minutes should come around. As mentioned in the post below it won't show on the account anymore under the promotions section but it will still be added to the account, and sometimes it can take a day or two for it to be applied.
https://community.koodomobile.com/prepaid-79951/free-100-minute-booster-didnt-receive-7795158?fbclid=IwAR1zGijyoy_rd5d7UM2l720N1xhIEYDrZjLzbfjJ1KVZtDczSp5a6pUUjKM#post19839778
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The $20 credit no longer applies for new activations as of Sept 12th. Where did you buy it from?

The 100 minutes should come around. As mentioned in the post below it won't show on the account anymore under the promotions section but it will still be added to the account, and sometimes it can take a day or two for it to be applied.
https://community.koodomobile.com/prepaid-79951/free-100-minute-booster-didnt-receive-7795158?fbclid=IwAR1zGijyoy_rd5d7UM2l720N1xhIEYDrZjLzbfjJ1KVZtDczSp5a6pUUjKM#post19839778
Thanks very much! I bought the SimCard on Amazon yesterday and it arrived today and everything went smoothly. That's too bad about the promotion ending -- seems like some false advertising!! Maybe I'll send a message to the seller.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The price on prepaid SIMs has dropped from the usual $15 to around $6 from some sellers on eBay.ca. The change in policy might explain that. I wouldn't expect Koodo to contact independent re-sellers ahead of time, so they were probably blind-sided as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did you purchase the sim card?
Did the packaging say there is an activation credit?
A photo would be helpful
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Packaging on the SIM card says nothing about the $20 activation credit. Koodo and outside suppliers have always advertised it separately. In this particular case, there were screen shots of an older offer from the Koodo site before they updated the baseplans.

Quick update — so as of right now (5 days after activation and adding a credit card to account), still no 100 bonus minutes of airtime which was advertised during sign-up. Nothing on “overview “ tab nor the “base plan and booster add-ons” tab. What should I do for a next step? How do I contact customer service?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'll have to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to have it looked into.
Quick update — so as of right now (5 days after activation and adding a credit card to account), still no 100 bonus minutes of airtime which was advertised during sign-up. Nothing on “overview “ tab nor the “base plan and booster add-ons” tab. What should I do for a next step? How do I contact customer service?

Thanks!

I haven't received the 100 bonus minutes since it is activated one month ago...gave it up...