Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Question about how Koodo Prepaid works (Coming from a telus customer)

How does Koodo prepaid work? Do you have to pick a base plan? Lets say I top up with a 25$ top up card and choose the 15$ base plan (if it's required) can I call people? If so how much does it cost per minute? For example at Telus right now if you buy an add on/feature it costs 0.15$ per minute so with a 25$ card with Telus I could would usually buy the 5$ 250 text add on and unlimited incoming and then with the 20 remaining dollars I would get about 133 minutes of calls but with Koodo it seems more complicated than that. I would greatly appreciate an explanation as I just bought a phone from the koodo online store. Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Yep you pick a baseplan. Yes you call call people but you don't get any airtime minutes with that plan. If you get a 25 top up card only 15 will be used for your base plan. For buying boosters you simply buy a booster and use it until it's all used, no expiration
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David, I came from Telus too and I was doubting as well. I finally created a spreadsheet - first to compare between Telus prepaid and Koodo prepaid and later that grew into comparing prepaid and postpaid on just Koodo. Anyway, it might still be useful for you to see if Koodo is cheaper for you than Telus, based on your calling/data pattern. Here is the link to my spreadsheet, feel free to experiment 🙂 http://goo.gl/88DFC
Userlevel 5
Sophia wrote:

David, I came from Telus too and I was doubting as well. I finally created a spreadsheet - first ...

Nice job Sophia 🙂 !!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

David, I came from Telus too and I was doubting as well. I finally created a spreadsheet - first ...

Thanks 😃