Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Problem registering for self serve

Hello, I am trying to register for koodo's prepaid self serve service but for some reason when I try to register, I don't get the text message with the 4 digit pin. I have tried registering multiple times over the past 3 days but no matter how hard I try I never get the text message with the 4 digit pin. I have tried calling customer service multiple times and that has been useless. What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Unless self-serve registration has changed, the 4 digit pin they want is the 4 digit pin you were asked to assign to the account when you created it.
I've tried using that pin with no luck. The pin they want is a 4 digit randomly generated pin they send via text but for some reason I never get the text
Userlevel 7
Nickolas wrote:

I've tried using that pin with no luck. The pin they want is a 4 digit randomly generated pin the...

Do you have multiple lines? It could be being sent to another line If not, you'll have to deal with customer service when the open tomorrow morning.
Nickolas wrote:

I've tried using that pin with no luck. The pin they want is a 4 digit randomly generated pin the...

I actually only have 1 line and I have tried calling customer services a few times with no luck.
Userlevel 7
Nickolas wrote:

You've talked to a rep? What do they say. Customer service can set-up the self-serve account for you if it isn't working for you so it's quite odd you've called a couple times with no luck 😕
Nickolas wrote:

They just tell me that the self serve service may be down and that there is nothing they can do to help because they need to that pin in order to register
Userlevel 6
I don't think there is a text message sent for registration. It's an email with a link koodo sends you or whoever is paying the bill.
This is what it says on the registration page " Enter your 10-digit phone number (without spaces or dashes). Click Submit and you'll receive a text message containing your 4-digit code."
Userlevel 6
Nickolas wrote:

This is what it says on the registration page " Enter your 10-digit phone number (without spaces ...

Sorry Bud, I was totally thinking monthly servoce vs. prepaid despite you mentioning it in your first sentence. 😞 Totally my bad. I hope thigns got straithened out for you.
Thanks for everyone's help. I was finally able to get my pin via text last night.