Koodo Community
Solved

Prepaid sim failed to verify, my last carrier was Koodo but Koodo prepaid sim won’t work

• 16 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi, I activated my plan on the website and everything went smoothly but when I put in my sim and tried to verify it it popped up saying that I wasn’t able too help please just paid 65$ for a plan that my phone won’t let me use and really unsure why because even in the carrier in setting it says Koodo.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 16 May 2019, 05:43

Your iphone is locked to another carrier. You need to unlock your iphone first.
Where was the iphone from?
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your iphone is locked to another carrier. You need to unlock your iphone first.
Where was the iphone from?
Badge +4
Just to confirm, this phone that you're currently trying to put the Koodo prepaid sim in is unlocked or was used previously with Koodo? Where did you get this phone from? It looks like it's locked to another carrier that isn't Koodo.
I got the phone off my girlfriend and she said it was with Koodo but I guess she just doesn’t know what carrier she was using but I’m sure she was with Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I got the phone off my girlfriend and she said it was with Koodo but I guess she just doesn’t know what carrier she was using but I’m sure she was with Koodo

Well, if the phone was from Koodo, that message should not have shown up. I would suggest you ask her again and test her SIM in the phone.

Anyway, If the phone was from a Canadian carrier, unlocking is free. You just need to contact the correct carrier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can go to the mall and visit a fido or virgin kiosks and ask to test their sim to see if the phone works for them. The one it works with would be the carrier it was from