Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Prepaid questions: video messaging and texting/calling while traveling

Two prepaid questions: 1. Does the prepaid base plan include video messaging as well? I see there's text and picture messaging, but nothing about video messaging? Is it not possible to send video messages on prepaid, period? 2. Is there no way to text or make calls on prepaid while you're traveling in another country? Many thanks.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
MMS includes video messages

Prepaid currently doesn't function outside of Canada
By Picture messaging, they mean MMS* and that includes videos. You can use your Prepaid phone all over Canada, but not outside of the country. *Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) is a standard way to send messages that include multimedia* content to and from mobile phones. *Multimedia includes a combination of text, audio, still images, animation, video, or interactivity content forms.
Userlevel 6
You can use your phone anywhere in the world there is wi-fi. lots of apps let you male calls, text and use data of course.You can use your prepaid phone with another provider in any country if you have it unlocked.
Gotcha, thanks
Userlevel 7
RudyW wrote:

You can use your phone anywhere in the world there is wi-fi. lots of apps let you male calls, tex...

But you can not send traditional MMS over wifi.
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

You can use your phone anywhere in the world there is wi-fi. lots of apps let you male calls, tex...

Yes you can.:-) through Viber i can send pictures and videos to anyone who also has that app, which count in the millions.
Userlevel 7
RudyW wrote:

I mean with out the aid of apps. Just a traditional MMS
RudyW wrote:

@Chad Burr yes you can with some apps. @RudyW that is not "traditional MMS".