Koodo Community
Solved

Prepaid plan change - balance refund?

• 12 January 2019
  • 4 replies

I had $25 prepaid plan that were renewing on 10th.

Today (12th) I changed the plan to $15 one. Extra $15 payment is made.

I used only 2 days of the previous plan. Do I get most of the $25 back? Should I make the request? Or, it's lost? :(

Thanks, Jin
icon

Best answer by Mats 12 January 2019, 21:34

I used only 2 days of the previous plan. Do I get most of the $25 back? Should I make the request? Or, it's lost? :(

Thanks, Jin

It is lost. Only make plan changes with prepaid right before a plan is to renew otherwise you lose what you had before with your old plan.

Changing your base plan

You can change your base plan any time in Prepaid Self Serve.
If you're changing your base plan while there’s an active base plan already on the account, remember that the change is applied immediately. We're not able to refund you for the remaining days in your current base plan.

http://support.prod-web01.koodohelp.com/help/prepaid-base-plans
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
I think it is lost. Prepaid is not the same as postpaid. As you changed your base plan in the middle of 30 day cycle. The previous minutes and data were reset with the new one.

If you got any boosters, those minutes or data from boosters should stay when you change your baseplan.
Badge +4

Thanks, Jin

It is lost. Only make plan changes with prepaid right before a plan is to renew otherwise you lose what you had before with your old plan.

Changing your base plan

You can change your base plan any time in Prepaid Self Serve.
If you're changing your base plan while there’s an active base plan already on the account, remember that the change is applied immediately. We're not able to refund you for the remaining days in your current base plan.

http://support.prod-web01.koodohelp.com/help/prepaid-base-plans
Thank you Dinh and Mats.

It really sucks to lose almost $25 like this... while trying to save $5 a month. There should've been a popup before finalizing the plan change.

It's the first time I am disappointed with Koodo...
Userlevel 3
Thank you Dinh and Mats.

It really sucks to lose almost $25 like this... while trying to save $5 a month. There should've been a popup before finalizing the plan change.

It's the first time I am disappointed with Koodo...

A pop warning is a good idea.