Koodo Community

Community

Question

Prepaid disconnected

My base plan expired on october 19th. But my phone was disconnected a week before that. And my phone also shows that there is no sim in it but my same sim is still in it. Why was my phone disconnected

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the phone showed "NO SIM", it meant there was a problem with either phone SIM reader or the SIM card. The phone could not read information on the SIM. It wasn't a sign of "disconnected".

I believe, if you were disconnected normally it will showed "no service".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you planning to renew your base plan? If so, you can try that and see if you get service again.

One thing to try is power off the phone, remove the SIM, then put it all back together again and see if that solves your problem.
It still says "no sim-no service" on the lock screen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kniife Amber Skyy wrote:

Could you try to logon into your selfserve, is the account still active?
It could be a problem with a bad SIM, I would suggest you take the SIM out and try with another phone and see if it is active.

Noted that we don't have access to your account, I am just a customer, so we don't know the exact cause, so don't expect us to solve the problem without your input
Kniife Amber Skyy wrote:

No its not active
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kniife Amber Skyy wrote:

As stated by Azure123 earlier, No SIM means a problem with the SIM card itself. Are you able to stop by a Koodo shop, and ask them to check your SIM?
Without a SIM, you would have no service, but not knowing your phone, I'm not familiar with the screen behaviour in instance of SIM not functioning.

What i would like to know is why would koodo disconnect my prepaid $40 plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kniife Amber Skyy wrote:

What i would like to know is why would koodo disconnect my prepaid $40 plan?

They wouldn't. It's most likely your SIM card that stopped working. Please go to a Koodo shop to verify that this is the case. They can replace your SIM card.