Koodo Community

Prepaid Data Booster Usage

• 3 September 2018
  • 8 replies

After FINALLY getting the prepaid site to accept my card (with zero help from Koodo) I purchased a new data booster.  Even though I have quite a bit of data remaining on my previous booster, my new one now shows some usage. Why?  This has happened before.  (Is there anyone actually working at Koodo or is it just a rickety AI that takes our money?)

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
If you bought a bonus booster, the system will usually start drawing from it immediately. When you use it up it will then revert to deducting from existing boosters. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The automatic system seems to take the minutes/data etc from bonus boosters first, even if there is a remaining available balance in another. As long as it's only debiting one at a time, you should not be worried. Take a screen grab of the [b]phone services => usage [b]summary tab every now and then. Their methodology is a little sloppy, but it does seem to balance out. The logic is probably to make the bonus boosters disappear from your account first, since their presence might make your AI think some of the other stuff might have been unfairly priced....

As an aside, I would strongly recommend doing as many transactions as you can using *611 rather than the on-line site.

The automatic system seems to take the minutes/data etc from bonus boosters first, even if there ...Bob why do you recommend using *611 rather than the on-line site? I was going to use the on-line site to pay for the base plan I have coming due.
Badge +4
The automatic system seems to take the minutes/data etc from bonus boosters first, even if there ...People are having issues with online site. Usually going through *611 works. If it works for you with the online site then by all means just use that.
The automatic system seems to take the minutes/data etc from bonus boosters first, even if there ...Would I need to register a credit card on the prepaid site to use *611?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The automatic system seems to take the minutes/data etc from bonus boosters first, even if there ...@Lori: It should be fine without registering the CC in selfserve.
The automatic system seems to take the minutes/data etc from bonus boosters first, even if there ...Ok~ thank you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The automatic system seems to take the minutes/data etc from bonus boosters first, even if there ...*611 transactions are reflected in real time. There have been some issues with on-line credit card validation and purchases taking a while to be properly reflected in available boosters or not showing up correctly.

Smoothest on-line strategy is to use auto top-up and save the 10% on baseplan, then manually adding funds before making any purchase.