Koodo Community
Solved

Prepaid cannot log in and reset password

• 11 April 2021
  • 9 replies

I left Canada because of the pandemic, and it has been more than a year now.

I haven't used Koodo's phone card since then. (I am a prepaid user)

Recently I want to log in and check it out because my Canadian bank card is bound to this mobile phone number.

But when I tried to log in, the website show that I failed to log in, and when I wanted to reset my password, it prompts me "We’re unable to verify your email."

I made an appointment for a callback, which seems not to work well (I plugged in the calling card and waited for 15 minutes but did not receive any calls), or it may be because I am currently abroad.

Does anyone know what is going on, or who should I call for help?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 11 April 2021, 16:20

Prepaid Koodo phones don't work overseas. I don't believe the callback system can call overseas numbers either. You'll need to contact koodo via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM.

Prepaid accounts on Koodo can work in the U.S. All they need to do is to get booster add-ons for talk and/or text while roaming in the U.S. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/long-distance-travel-and-roaming-prepaid 

Recently I want to log in and check it out because my Canadian bank card is bound to this mobile phone number.

But when I tried to log in, the website show that I failed to log in, and when I wanted to reset my password, it prompts me "We’re unable to verify your email."

I made an appointment for a callback, which seems not to work well (I plugged in the calling card and waited for 15 minutes but did not receive any calls), or it may be because I am currently abroad.

I’m pretty sure you aren’t in the U.S. right now. Unfortunately, you will need to contact a Koodo rep by sending a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. If you don’t top-up within 90 days, your number will be gone. At this point, you may need to contact your bank as well to see if there are any other methods to access your account. 

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Prepaid Koodo phones don't work overseas. I don't believe the callback system can call overseas numbers either. You'll need to contact koodo via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM.

OK, I will try

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Prepaid accounts on Koodo can work in the U.S. All they need to do is to get booster add-ons for talk and/or text while roaming in the U.S. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/long-distance-travel-and-roaming-prepaid 

I’m pretty sure you aren’t in the U.S. right now. Unfortunately, you will need to contact a Koodo rep by sending a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. If you don’t top-up within 90 days, your number will be gone. At this point, you may need to contact your bank as well to see if there are any other methods to access your account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you keep auto top up on for during those times?

If not, your account will be expired after 90days without renewing.

Did you keep auto top up on for during those times?

If not, your account will be expired after 90days without renewing.

What does expiration mean? My card can no longer be used and can it be renewed?

Badge +4

This means that if you haven’t renewed (paid into) your prepaid base plan within the 90 day expiry period, Koodo closes your account. Since you haven’t used your prepaid service for more than a year, this would explain why you’re having difficulty logging into your prepaid self-serve account.

A a result of the account closure, you will lose your phone number and any funds remaining on your account balance, including your boosters.

This means that if you haven’t renewed (paid into) your prepaid base plan within the 90 day expiry period, Koodo closes your account. Since you haven’t used your prepaid service for more than a year, this would explain why you’re having difficulty logging into your prepaid self-serve account.

A a result of the account closure, you will lose your phone number and any funds remaining on your account balance, including your boosters.

Okay, what I can do now is to find a way to open a new one, right?

Damn

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Wait, is there anyway to get my phone number back?

Badge +4

Wait, is there anyway to get my phone number back?

Unfortunately, no. Your phone number is sent back into Koodo’s pool of phone numbers. 

Have you returned to Canada, or are you still living abroad?