Koodo Community
Question

Prepaid boosters

• 1 September 2019
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 4
I just checked the Prepaid Booster site and it said

"$20 600 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk Booster7
Any unused minutes, texts, or data will be carried over when you renew your base plan.7
To add Booster add-ons to your prepaid account, you'll need to log into your Self Serve account. "

I purchased the $20 booster and was only credited with 250 minutes on my account instead of the 600 as advertised on the site. ??????

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I see $30 for the 600 min not $20

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm afraid Paul is correct, Fred... but I agree it is EXTREMELY confusing that Koodo's prepaid self service orders these things in such in weird manner. I think if you contact them and make your case, they'll probably allow you to swap your booster if you pay the extra $10...
Userlevel 4
Hi Paul and Sophia, click on the $20 = 250 minutes and it will show 600 minutes. I took a screen shot and tried to post it but it says something about 30,000 characters and won't send.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Use the little symbol that says "Insert image", make sure you save your image first as jpg or png file 🙂
Userlevel 4
I'm missing a step somewhere Sophia. I have saved it as both a jpg and a png file and can't transfer it to here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Use the little symbol that says "Insert image", make sure you save your image first as jpg or png file :)
Agreed! Its always great to have screenshot saved before change your plan/add-on or any deal's you get on web/self serve 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm missing a step somewhere Sophia. I have saved it as both a jpg and a png file and can't transfer it to here.

How did you try to post?
Userlevel 4
I have been trying to add it here as an attachment.
Userlevel 4

Userlevel 4
Finally !!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh good for you!!!!!!!!!!! You should definitely receive the 600 minutes - even though it's obviously a bug, that's what it says (I see it too now that I know where to look).

I would suggest you contact Koodo on Facebook and refer to this thread - I can confirm it says 600 minutes for $20 on the right hand side :)

Userlevel 4
Thanks Sophia, I thought it was just me seeing something that was not there lol. I don't use Facebook, Twitter or any of those other things lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've flagged this to a rep. BUT, it does also clearly state 20$ for 250 minutes so I doubt you'll get what you think you paid for.
Userlevel 4
That's true Robert but you do not add from the part that says 250, you have to click on the > to go to the transaction and that is where the above shows up. I clicked on the Buy Booster Add-on > and figured the 600 would show up on completion of the transaction and it didn't.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That would be considered as wilful blindness. Please do keep us updated if you get it for 20$.
Userlevel 4
Robert, I have no idea what willful blindness means as to how it affects me. All I know is I guess if it's posted as what's shown, that should be the price.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could try to call, but Koodo keeps changing how that works now, so you're probably best to schedule a call back from their website. You can explain to the rep that the site mentions the 600 minutes for $20. I'd definitely contact them before they correct the mistake 😉
Userlevel 4
Ok, I spoke to Kevin and he pulled up the boosters and saw the same as I did. Thanks to Kevin, he is going to straighten it out and the site will be corrected shortly I suspect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
For anything prepaid, you should call. The reps are very accommodating. Facebook and Twitter are dead ends since those reps don't do prepaid. You'll waste time in the queue just to be told to call.
Userlevel 4
You are absolutely right Bob. From the time I dialed 611, until I explained the situation to Kevin, to him checking out the site, to Kevin correcting things and my ending the call was a total of 18 minutes and few seconds.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fantastic Fred - and did you get the remaining minutes (since it's mentioned on their site they should have) or did they just make a note of the error?
Userlevel 4
Hi Sophia, yes I did. I explained it to Kevin, he checked the Buy Booster Add-on site, said I was right, went off-line to speak to someone and came back on and said he was going to add the 350 minutes. I expect though they made note of the error, though I haven't checked since.
Userlevel 4
I just checked Sophia and it is still showing the same as this morning (as above) so maybe it is a special.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday 🙂 I'm sure it will be sent to the right people after Labor Day... I reported it to our liaison as well, so I'm sure it will be corrected. I'm convinced this isn't a special - you were just lucky enough to catch the bug 🙂
Userlevel 4
Sophia, financially the $10 difference is not the end of the world and will never break myself or Koodo. It's just nice once in a while to get a bargain. I check periodically, looking for the two for specials Koodo has from time to time and spotted that.