Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Prepaid automatic top up question

Userlevel 3
I registered my credit card for automatic top up for my prepaid account. The promotion where you receive 10 percent off your monthly base plan. I've never used auto top up before. Each month does Koodo automatically charge my credit card or do I need log into prepaid self serve and do it myself? Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
You don't have sign in and do it yourself, auto-top up renews your base plan in time for you. Also I believe you get a 100 min booster as well when you register your credit card. 😃 EDIT: should have been more specific about the baseplan renewal, see Ahmad's answer below 🙂
Userlevel 6
If you successfully registered your CC, Shelley, and enabled automatic top ups, then it will be automatic. You choose the amount you want to top up with (likely $15) and they do the rest (that is, renew your base plan automatically with the funds in your account, which are themselves automatically added via your CC). Hope it helps!
Userlevel 6
It all happens automatically. Koodo should send you a text 3 days before it charges you, then sends you another one to tell you it's gone through, and another to notify you of the 10% rebate.
Userlevel 6
What? Come on 😛 😛 3 replies within 1 minute? LOL
Userlevel 7
I'm pretty sure you have to choose an actual $ amount to top-up (not that it renews your base plan chosen). Your base plan automatically renews if you have money in your account at the time of renewal. Each month Koodo will automatically do this themselves. Also, note: you don't get 10% off, you get 10% of whatever you top up. So if you top up $15 to renew (for example) the text only plan, you get an extra $1.50 to use towards boosters or next month's top-up
Userlevel 3
Thanks everyone! I registered my card last week and also received the 100 min booster. I have the $15.00 base plan with unlimited text and and picked that amount for the top up.
Let me see if I understand you. if you choose an automatic top-up of $5.00 you will get 10% - $0.50 added to your account. So if you have the basic monthly prepaid plan of $15 you would still owe $10.00 which would be charged to you credit card?