Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Prepaid auto top-up issue

Hi! Today I received notification that Koodo was unable to top up my prepaid plan (this makes sense bc I had a new credit card sent b/c of security issues on the previous one and the new card just arrived today). Anyway, I set up my account for the new card, but it still hasn't "topped up" -- several hours ago... How long does it typically take for Koodo to bill me for this cycle (it's already tried once...I changed the cc after a failed attempt to auto top up)? Should I pay for this month separate and then set up auto-top up next month?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would say yes. I don't know if Koodo top-ups more then one time per month! BUT, I'm no prepaid master!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Sanndennis, I'm not entirely sure either in your case, but if you top up 2 months in advance, you won't lose any money... you'll just get a month extra 🙂 To be sure however, you could call Koodo (*611) and they'll be able to see what's hanging up your auto-top up!
When I re-setup my auto-pay, it seemed to "refresh". I'm going to retry with a single payment then do auto-pay.
*611 doesn't work, its just a dumb robot that allows you to give them more money. I keep getting charged an extra 5.65 a month for some reason, without being given anything for it. I don't understand why this service is so popular. I think I'll switch to another one like virgin or something.
Userlevel 6
Gloomeon wrote:

*611 doesn't work, its just a dumb robot that allows you to give them more money. I keep getting ...

Hi there, do you have a prepaid or postpaid account? When you call *611, what happens? You can also reach us at 1-866-995-6636 from another phone. Press 0 a few times and you'll be redirected to Customer Service 🙂 Thank you!