Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Prepaid, activation and DATA

I just activated my prepaid basic plan (15$) with a 5$ add-on for voice. Unfortunately, before I could even disable it, my phone used 488Kb of DATA. Should I buy a DATA add-on for just this month? Or is it cheaper to pay by Kb? (as I assume they will charge me)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Hubert, The good news is that you'll NEVER be charged extra on prepaid 🙂 You won't have used data from Koodo's standpoint, but your phone might have registered something else as data. No worries and no need to disabled data either 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Hi Hubert, The good news is that you'll NEVER be charged extra on prepaid 🙂 You won't have us...

Wow you guys are quick! So I can just leave mobile DATA on and won't get charged extra? I suppose that, on prepaid, they would not even allow me to use more than what I paid for, correct?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Hubert, The good news is that you'll NEVER be charged extra on prepaid 🙂 You won't have us...

Correct! Unless you buy a data booster, you can't really use data except on WiFi. I recommend you leave data switched on, so that you can still send picture messages (MMS).
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

Hubert found out first hand what everybody else feels like when first joining prepaid: they come for the price, they stay for the perks 😉