Koodo Community

Prepaid

• 21 October 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi Prepaid folks. Check out the boosters, they are triple minutes and data right now !

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Thank you very much for pointing us to the Prepaid limited time booster ‘goodies’. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you Fred. You always bring us good news👍😀

Userlevel 3

I received the text from Koodo this morning from 5153 about this.  Are others receiving this as well?

Koodo is really pushing many larger promo baseplans now with “bonus data”.   Too bad they removed the $25 500MB + 500 mins baseplan.  It’s now $25 250MB and unlimited talk.

With everyone WFH these days I bet carrier “airtime” data usage is down.  it’s time for data costs to go down further!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Whoo hoo, time to stock up for some of us :) (not me, I’m still trying to use up my 2013 double boosters haha)

Userlevel 3

Whoo hoo, time to stock up for some of us :) (not me, I’m still trying to use up my 2013 double boosters haha)

Time to start using your phone, Sophia! :joy:

Userlevel 3

It seems like your can buy multiples of the same booster!  I purchased a $30  1800 mins talk earlier.   Going back to try and buy another, the same booster is an available choice!

If anyone is successful in adding multiples, please let us know, especially for the $30 for 3GB data booster.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Go for it! Back in 2013 I stocked up with several double boosters before they seemed to confine it to just one double booster.

If you can buy several, you can stock up to Armageddon (I think I did, lol).

Userlevel 3

LoL @Sophia !  As tempting as that may be, it seems a bit risky to me now having so much $$ saved up in boosters given the big decline in customer service I am reading about and also pricing no longer being the best.  The online prepaid platform could also use some major updates, but I doubt that will never materialize as well.

I wonder what Telus has in store for the Koodo brand...

Userlevel 7

Note from a newbie to save other newbie’s time and questions,

The quantified value of the add-on such as ‘BONUS Long Distance Talk Booster 300 - $20.00’ already reflects the ‘triple value’ promotion (in this case, the original add-on was ‘BONUS Long Distance Talk Booster 100 - $20.00’

With everyone WFH these days I bet carrier “airtime” data usage is down.  it’s time for data costs to go down further!

I got that text too. I’m still on the discontinued $15/250 MB plan. Since I’ve been working from home, I’ve used hardly any data so I haven’t touched the boosters at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you already have a decent stock of boosters, go into self-serve and take a screen shot before ordering anything new.

Prepaid ordering software has been shaky at times. Once had the unpleasant experience of new purchases displacing existing balances rather than being added to the list.